SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 25, 2015, 02:36 PM
Find More Posts by brad24
Joined May 2010
39 Posts
So I just got a 5 pack of batteries off of amazon (the ones for ~11 bucks) and I'm thinking I should have probably sprung for higher quality batteries haha. I've gotten maybe 2 minutes of flight time from the first two packs. Granted, I haven't flown the SCP in over a year - it could possibly be the motor but I think I replaced it not too long before I stopped flying it (all my old batteries were dead).

Another issue - when I go into idle up mode, the tail motor shuts off and it starts spinning wildly. Even in non-idle-up mode, there isn't a whole lot of upward thrust.... Any thoughts?
brad24 is offline Find More Posts by brad24
Last edited by brad24; Jun 25, 2015 at 02:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2015, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
I have a degree in crashing!
United Arab Emirates
Joined Dec 2014
889 Posts
Get the old batteries and try, these batteries have a low discharge rate and hinder performance, I once tried a cheaper fully charged lipo and the heli acted like it had hit LVC already.....
NoLimitRC is offline Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
Old Jun 25, 2015, 05:43 PM
Joined May 2010
39 Posts
The last pack I flew wasn't too bad in terms of power, but I can't get into idle up without it spinning wildly.... is this a board issue? TX setting issue?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:47 AM
Find More Posts by jamichx
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad24 View Post
The last pack I flew wasn't too bad in terms of power, but I can't get into idle up without it spinning wildly.... is this a board issue? TX setting issue?
I would check gyro setting in your TX. It has to be over 50% on both normal and idle up mod. Mine are both on 75%

Just the fact that the problem is not in both mods suggest that it is the TX setting not the board .
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:54 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad24 View Post
So I just got a 5 pack of batteries off of amazon (the ones for ~11 bucks) and I'm thinking I should have probably sprung for higher quality batteries haha. I've gotten maybe 2 minutes of flight time from the first two packs.
$11 for whole lot or one battery ? If one that its way to expensive.

These are the best non walkera batteries even it does not say on the picture they are MG Power batteries. I bought them few weeks ago second time. They are fantastic batteries.

http://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-25C...-p-917608.html
Old Jun 26, 2015, 07:17 AM
Joined May 2010
39 Posts
Thanks jamichx, I'll definintely check the gyro setting when I get home! It was 11.40 for all 5, these ones

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B3GP1R2/...per+cp+battery

I didn't expect them to be great, and they're not haha but they seem alright... I just have very little upward pitch authority in normal mode, I'm talking full throttle coming out of a banked turn is not nearly enough to keep me from losing a lot of height. If I slam the throttle up, the heli almost loses height due to the crazy loss of motor speed as the pitch increases. I need to play with my throttle and pitch curves, I think I may be adding too much pitch, but I think I had it set to only max out around 32%? I don't know.... I'll mess with it a bit when I get home today

Edit: As I'm flying back towards me to land, as I bring the throttle down (normal mode), the motor RPM's increase a lot and it actually gains height as I go from like 80% throttle to sasy 35-40%
Old Jun 26, 2015, 07:55 AM
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,111 Posts
Sounds indeed like too much pitch, bogging down the motor.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jun 26, 2015, 01:34 PM
Find More Posts by SLMcc
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Aug 2013
549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post

These are the best non walkera batteries even it does not say on the picture they are MG Power batteries. I bought them few weeks ago second time. They are fantastic batteries.

http://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-25C...-p-917608.html
Do those batteries fit the stock landing gear?
SLMcc is offline Find More Posts by SLMcc
Old Jun 26, 2015, 05:21 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,111 Posts
These fit my Mini CP. And the Super has the same skids, right?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 01:55 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
These fit my Mini CP. And the Super has the same skids, right?
Yes
Old Jun 27, 2015, 01:56 AM
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMcc View Post
Do those batteries fit the stock landing gear?
yes , but I always take the sticker and first layer of tape off and put my tape on.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 02:00 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
16,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post
yes , but I always take the sticker and first layer of tape off and put my tape on.
I believe I've done that with mine too. I also have the Walkera 350 mAh batteries that I got from Chinese Jade, and these definitely needed some of the tape removed to get a snug fit, instead of having to almost force the battery in.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by SLMcc
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Aug 2013
549 Posts
Thanks!
SLMcc is offline Find More Posts by SLMcc