New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2015, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by toglhot
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Discussion
Co axial spind wildly in both directions.

Copter spinning wildly. I've just done a fix for TB effect on my co axial. Everything was working fine and then suddenly it started spinning. It lifts off fine but just spins as it does on the ground. Using the trim control just reverses the direction of spin. I've checked all the gears, drive shafts, blades and everything works fine except. If I could pick a fault, when throttling down the lower blade does stop momentarily sooner than the top; however it still spins freely and nothing is binding. I think I'm about out of patience with this thing, it seems like a 1930 vehicle, use it for a minute or two then spend the rest of the day trying to fix the dam thing.
toglhot is offline Find More Posts by toglhot
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2015, 05:21 PM
Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,713 Posts
Not quite enough information to go on just yet. Need to know a little more. Like...what is the name and brand of this troubled little bird? And we start the process. There is a coax help others thread on here. Bring this problem there and I am sure you will get the help to fix her. Lot's of experience there. Let me know if you can't find it.
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Apr 13, 2015, 07:59 PM
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Spinning

Thanks for that, I didn't see that thread so I posted in the Coax column, I'll have another look.
It's a cheap LS-Model 3.5 channel co axial copter.

On the ground it spins wildly with the trim control central,. Moving the trim control either left or right just changes the direction of the spin. In the air it does the same only faster. It lifts of easy and because it is spinning stay in place.

The remote just has four controls: up/down, left/right, trim, on/off switch and a switch at the top marked ABC. I think the last is for charging: A - USB charging, B - remote unit charging and C - no idea at all. Directions were written in very bad Chinglish so had to work everything out myself.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 02:59 AM
Find More Posts by abenn
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
12,734 Posts
If it's not simply a very sensitive trim control, the usual reason for spinning is one of the gears or props is loose on its shaft, so have you checked the grub screws that hold them? Not spinning up, or down, at exactly the same time is quite common.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Apr 14, 2015, 04:04 AM
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Yep

Yes checked all the grub screws, they locate into flats on the shaft.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 04:28 AM
Joined Apr 2015
24 Posts
Fixed.

Using a bit of logic I reasoned that if the spinning could be reversed by sliding the trim control then the spinning couldn’t be caused by anything in the prop drive trains, the problem therefore must be with the electronic components. So I fished the copter out of the bin took it apart and removed the circuit board. Using a loupe I couldn’t see any obvious problems with componentary, but without the appropriate testing equipment, and of course the knowledge to do some logical fault finding I opted to replace the circuit board. Luckily I happened to have a spare so I soldered the three motors in and an extra battery then stuck it back together; wahl ah – success, no more spinning. The second battery is located by means of an elastic band, I removed the balance weight in the nose and balancing is now achieved by sliding the battery forward and aft, hopefully it should give me longer flying times. Soldering that circuit board was tricky though, so dang small I spent the entire time peering through a loupe. Flys beautifully now, now to attack the walls and ceilings again.