New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2015, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by stuntflyr
Los Angeles
Joined Jun 2010
1,563 Posts
Keep at it, Dries. The the US we developed a Classic Pattern Association after a few previous starts at it by the BPA and some others helping along the way to keep the older models active in a contest environment. Luckily for the West Coast two men, Robert Fish and Tony F, were up to the challenge of administrating the contests and promoting the events, so we have several contests a year in California. We also attach our Classic events to AMA Pattern/F3A that have like minded personnel willing to officiate the Classic rounds. You might be able to convince some to help in these ways and start a movement towards Classic Pattern in your area.
Chris...
stuntflyr is offline Find More Posts by stuntflyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2015, 05:44 AM
Find More Posts by dries_neyrinck
The Little Wings
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Lede
Joined Nov 2013
15 Posts
A classic pattern association here in the lowlands (Belgium, Netherlands) would be nice.
Since I'm only back in the scene since 2013 (after a 17 year hiatus ) I haven't yet met a lot of people who are also in classic pattern stuff. Some internetcontacts but that's about it (it IS a start however )

About the setup.
It is an electro setup (and I'm in a fuel forum, ouch) but at our club we're electro only.

It has a Robbe Roxxy 4250/06 motor / 800 kV.
Normally this is a 4S motor and a 12x8 prop or something but I have quite some 5S lipo's which are not used for other models right now so I popped them in (and need the 5S for the CG) with a 11x7 prop. 60A ESC in it.

5S on a 800 kV engine gives me some nice rpm and this combined with the 11x7 makes a nice sound (speaking in electro terms) and quite some power.
I'm very happy with the setup.
To switch the lipo one have to take the wing off which isn't very handy, but that's life.

Weight is a reasonable 2800 gr and something (that's about 100 oz).

Our 3D Extreme Flight boys at the club think that's a heavy plane but they really don't have a clue
dries_neyrinck is online now Find More Posts by dries_neyrinck
Last edited by dries_neyrinck; Apr 01, 2015 at 04:06 PM.