HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:55 AM
Australia, WA, Collie
Joined Aug 2012
243 Posts
Discussion
Boscam pan and tilt

Hi Guys,
I bought this pan and tilt for my first foray into fpv .

After testing it on the bench, I was not very happy with the smoothness of the travels. It looked as if the camera would be very annoying to view through with that sort of movement.
I played around with endpoints and speeds in my 12FG but it still seemed quite jerky.
Did a comparison with a HK servo and the HK servo was alot quicker, and seemed smoother.
Am thinking of trying to fit some other servos and see if they behave better. I'm aware I need a 180 deg servo for the pan.

Have others found the servos on this pan/tilt lacking and opted to change them out?
I could not see any threads relating to this mod.

Steve
sterob is offline Find More Posts by sterob
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 06:55 AM
Australia, WA, Collie
Joined Aug 2012
243 Posts
I changed the servos and it seems to be alot better.
I think its good enough to try out.
sterob is offline Find More Posts by sterob