SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 02, 2014, 10:30 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
...
I may be able to stop there this weekend. My concern is that they might not have what I need in stock. If I need to wait for shipping, I might as well bypass them and order it from Asia.
...
Something you may or may not know that I thought I'd share... you only need to pay shipping if you want/need delivery to your house. If you have a local GH and the stock you need is available at a different branch or the warehouse (aka "online"), you can have them cross ship it to your local store for free... I do it all the time.


As for USPS once again accepting lipo shipments, if that's now the case then it's news to me. I actually have a gripe about that whole business on my RCG blog.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2014, 10:47 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
As for USPS once again accepting lipo shipments, if that's now the case then it's news to me. I actually have a gripe about that whole business on my RCG blog.
Maybe they didn't know they were transporting LiPos. I have just checked my order history with MotionRC. I can assure you that 2 separate orders of LiPo batteries were shipped by USPS and were delivered to my door by Canada Post. Those from HobbyKing US warehouse came by Purolator ground.

You are lucky to have a Great Hobbies in Edmonton. I once wanted a battery charger and the only one in Canada was in the Edmonton store. I phoned them and they said they would not relinquish their stock to an online sale. I had to buy it from them directly and they would ship it to me in Calgary (for a price).
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 02, 2014, 11:21 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
6,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper View Post
Maybe they didn't know they were transporting LiPos. I have just checked my order history with MotionRC. I can assure you that 2 separate orders of LiPo batteries were shipped by USPS and were delivered to my door by Canada Post. Those from HobbyKing US warehouse came by Purolator ground.

You are lucky to have a Great Hobbies in Edmonton. I once wanted a battery charger and the only one in Canada was in the Edmonton store. I phoned them and they said they would not relinquish their stock to an online sale. I had to buy it from them directly and they would ship it to me in Calgary (for a price).
Yeah, they'll release an item from one store to another, or online stock to a store (for eventual local pickup) via cross shipment at no charge... but not from a store to an online sale that gets delivered to your door and actually involves a shipping charge.

Yes, I'm lucky to have a GH here... I have never paid any shipping charges on anything, it's always been a local sale, even if it's not technically "local" (cross shipped... either from another store or "online" stock which is the warehouse). Or it's been an order from one of their distrubutors which is one their dime for shipping.

I seem to remeber a small period in time where they wouldn't do the free cross ship, but they do now.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyZone Sport Cub S BNF
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2014, 06:38 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
415 Posts
I have another one now, had forgotten about it as it was some minor items ordered on May 25th. Tracked at Post Malaysia on June 19th as sent abroad. Well, dead end for a couple of months 'till it suddenly appeared here - Oct 7th..... Probably missed the flight and got a tour on a slowboat instead...
:-P
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 07, 2014, 10:26 AM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,664 Posts
Flight? I don't think Malaysian Post knows what an airplane looks like. To keep their costs down after they struck the deal with HobbyKing, they had to wait till they filled the hold on that leased fishing boat before letting them leave the docks.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:34 AM
Registered User
cambridge nz
Joined Oct 2008
149 Posts
Been waiting three months for an order from HK . now they are doing a two month investigation , what an excellent service I'm so happy with them YEH LIKE #$%K . I DON'T USE hobby king ANYMORE.
electronutter is offline Find More Posts by electronutter
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2014, 03:09 PM
HobbyKingCSNYC's Avatar
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronutter View Post
Been waiting three months for an order from HK . now they are doing a two month investigation , what an excellent service I'm so happy with them YEH LIKE #$%K . I DON'T USE hobby king ANYMORE.
PM me the details of the order and I'll make it right for you as best as I can.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2014, 07:01 PM
Scale flyer
daddyrabbit1234's Avatar
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jul 2013
151 Posts
I made an order from hobby king in late may and my order was shipped via Malaysia post. It arrived in the U.S. in less than two weeks but then it got held up in customs somewhere in New Jersey. I received my order last week after nearly five months of waiting. At this point I think the problem is more the U.S. customs than anything else.
daddyrabbit1234 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1234
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:41 PM
Registered User
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC View Post
PM me the details of the order and I'll make it right for you as best as I can.

Rob

HK CS NY
Now, I'm impressed! I've never been down on HobbyKing, just Malaysian Post and HK's decision to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrabbit1234 View Post
I made an order from hobby king in late may and my order was shipped via Malaysia post. It arrived in the U.S. in less than two weeks but then it got held up in customs somewhere in New Jersey. I received my order last week after nearly five months of waiting. At this point I think the problem is more the U.S. customs than anything else.
That's really weird. In Canada, customs here is generally really good about expediting shipments. In my case, it was most definitely M. Post.
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fly-In Idea: Malaysia RC Expo 2014 - MRCE 2014 Zryanz Electric Flight Events 16 Jan 16, 2014 08:43 PM
Discussion Group order from Singapore/Malaysia tkl2001 Micro Helis 4 Dec 19, 2003 01:39 AM