SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:50 PM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,733 Posts
This one is rich. TSA is going to charge you 85 bucks for a little info . Preregister your backside for 85 usd.!!!!!!!

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Jul 21, 2013, 01:30 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech View Post
Were these mom and pop or local shops? The locally owned shops I find to be as you describe, it is the chain stores that don't want cash customers.
I strongly disagree as stores have to pay 2 1/2% to 4% to credit card companies. This eats into profits.
Kaw1000 is online now Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Jul 21, 2013, 02:40 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
I strongly disagree as stores have to pay 2 1/2% to 4% to credit card companies. This eats into profits.
You can disagree all you want, it is my experience when paying with cash. The fees are built into the cost of the product so it isn't eating into the profits.
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Jul 21, 2013, 02:50 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
As I said earlier, Cash is not anonymous now...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechcons...s-to-spot-vips

Quote:
The U.K.-based company already supplies similar software to security services to help identify terrorists and criminals. The ID technology works by analyzing footage of people's faces as they walk through a door, taking measurements to create a numerical code known as a "face template," and checking it against a database.

In the retail setting, the database of customers' faces is comprised of celebrities and valued customers, according to London's . If a face is a match, the program sends an alert to staff via computer, iPad or smartphone, providing details like dress size, favorite buys or shopping history.

The software works even when people are wearing sunglasses, hats and scarves. Recent tests have found that facial hair, aging, or changes in weight or hair color do not affect the accuracy of the system.

The technology is being tested in a dozen undisclosed top stores and hotels in the U.S., the U.K., and the Far East. NEC hasn't responded to NPR's requests for an interview, so it hasn't addressed why the stores that are testing the software are staying quiet about it.
Even if they don't have your name, they can tag you with an ID that can be tracked.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jul 21, 2013, 07:03 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,081 Posts
Quote:
Were these mom and pop or local shops? The locally owned shops I find to be as you describe, it is the chain stores that don't want cash customers.
Oh yeah, locally owned, not chains. I'm sure that the chains and big boxes don't want to fool with cash and the hassle of deposits, etc.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Jul 22, 2013, 09:09 AM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Quote:
You can disagree all you want, it is my experience when paying with cash. The fees are built into the cost of the product so it isn't eating into the profits.
Again, I disagree as I have worked for a few companies that do not do this.
Kaw1000 is online now Find More Posts by Kaw1000