HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:14 AM
Joined Aug 2006
1 Posts
Discussion
My new Dual-Tri VTOL Platform with MWC

Hello I like to show you my new VTOL Platform it flies but i have still some Problems and i hope someone can help me.

The gyro board is based on Multiwii and I have the Code from Cass Version 1.8 on it.

How can i activate the servo stretch code? I have only a servo rotation of 90degrees and because of that the Yaw correction in hover mode works only on one side and the other side is limited by the 2000us.

And my big problem is the Yaw offset to make the torque correction in hovermode. I did it like this but now the servo jumps in transition.

servo[5] = constrain( 2730 - (lastRcData[AUX2] >> AUX2_DAMPENING) + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]/2 - rcCommand[PITCH]/5, 1020, 2000); } //front motor tilt (regular speed)
Cumulus2000 is offline Find More Posts by Cumulus2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:44 PM
Retardedly intelligent
beavercreek,ohio
Joined Jan 2007
3,854 Posts
Welcome to RCgroups!

I myself am pretty new to using Cass's code so I may be wrong on some of these, but for moving the servo beyond 90 degrees I changed the endpoints in the radio and the code gave me about 5 percent more throw to get yaw in hover and get the two motors far enough for forward flight.

for the jumping servo in transition make sure you change the value in fast hover as well, I had the servo jump in transition too. We only changed the values in hover and forward flight, while fast hover was backwards. Changing all the values should help.
foam and tape is offline Find More Posts by foam and tape
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:52 PM
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
9,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumulus2000 View Post
Hello I like to show you my new VTOL Platform it flies but i have still some Problems and i hope someone can help me.

The gyro board is based on Multiwii and I have the Code from Cass Version 1.8 on it.

How can i activate the servo stretch code? I have only a servo rotation of 90degrees and because of that the Yaw correction in hover mode works only on one side and the other side is limited by the 2000us.

And my big problem is the Yaw offset to make the torque correction in hovermode. I did it like this but now the servo jumps in transition.

servo[5] = constrain( 2730 - (lastRcData[AUX2] >> AUX2_DAMPENING) + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]/2 - rcCommand[PITCH]/5, 1020, 2000); } //front motor tilt (regular speed)
There is a place in the code to turn the servo stretching on. I'll be home in a few days and can look it ... up unless someone else can help sooner.
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:33 AM
Will fly for food
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
Really like the hardware. Subscribed.
ilektron is offline Find More Posts by ilektron
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:57 PM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Dec 2006
917 Posts
Why not just max out the travel in the TX, and then if necessary, use longer servo arms?

Also, unless this thing is strapped to a wing of some sort, I don't see how it would fly with the forward motors rotated all the way forward. There would be nothing to provide any lift. I would think anything beyond about 45 degrees would be problematic.

Assuming that there is a wing involved, it would presumably need to have ailerons, because differential tilt on the rotors is going to be minimally effective when the front rotors are both rotated forward 90 degrees.
Ran D. St. Clair is offline Find More Posts by Ran D. St. Clair