HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:17 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Mar 2013
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixter View Post
Hey Guys , I flew Nitro RC Helicopters from 1993 to 2008. My last was a Raptor 50. I got out of RC Helicopter's because I got feed up with the High Dollar crashes! My Flying was at a level to where I seldom crashed but when I did it was usually Total Destruction!
A few weeks back I saw a Add for a HERO RC H911! I got one and now I have the BUG!! I want to get a Full Blown 3D CP Helicopter in the size range of the H911! Been doing a lot of reading and decided that the Walkera Super CP Mini is what I want! So, I need some advice from you Guy's. I have a pile of Electric 3D Scratch Built Foam Airplanes and several Tri and Quad Copters! So, I have experience with Electrics.
I have a DX9, can I get the Bind n Fly version and Bind it to my DX9 ? Or, would I be better off getting it with the Transmitter to avoid the setup time and Headache! If so, is the Devo 7 a good choice? Most of my Flying will be here at Home in the yard!
Also, any tips on the where to get the Best Price? I live in Georgia, any other advice and suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks
Bobby
Agree, the SCP motor is very weak, it bogs and wears out quickly. The mini cp is slight better, but still one will have to convert it to brushless. The V120D02s is brushless, but it also bogs and wears out because it's drives the tail. One would have to convert to a 2 cell. As for blade, the nano is nice, but motor wears out quickly, one would have to convert to brushless. So, looks like there's nothing out of the box. I think the mini cp with devo7e would be the best in terms of dollar and getting a taste of the walkera brand. The V120D02s is bigger, and more costly for repairs / 2 cell upgrade .
eggma is online now Find More Posts by eggma
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2014, 09:37 AM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,452 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a Super CP, you can swap the motors from a Mini if you choose. Or go brushless as there are plug and plug kits available at BG.
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:11 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,241 Posts
Quote:
I have a DX9, can I get the Bind n Fly version and Bind it to my DX9 ? Or, would I be better off getting it with the Transmitter to avoid the setup time and Headache! If so, is the Devo 7 a good choice? Most of my Flying will be here at Home in the yard!
The Devo 7 is cumbersome to program. I would recommend that you get the reduced size Devo 7e instead for the same size. You don't need another full size transmitter. Besides the Devo 7e can be used to fly helis from Blade and other brands later on. This cannot be done with the Devo 7.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:13 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggma View Post
Agree, the SCP motor is very weak, it bogs and wears out quickly. The mini cp is slight better, but still one will have to convert it to brushless. The V120D02s is brushless, but it also bogs and wears out because it's drives the tail. One would have to convert to a 2 cell. As for blade, the nano is nice, but motor wears out quickly, one would have to convert to brushless. So, looks like there's nothing out of the box. I think the mini cp with devo7e would be the best in terms of dollar and getting a taste of the walkera brand. The V120D02s is bigger, and more costly for repairs / 2 cell upgrade .
If you already have a DX9, I highly recommend you be patient a little longer and see how the Blade 180CFX does. On paper, it looks fantastic but I reserve any type of judgement until the masses get them. It is supposed to release next month so, yeah, I definitely would wait if I were you.
pmerritt is online now Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:08 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The Devo 7 is cumbersome to program. I would recommend that you get the reduced size Devo 7e instead for the same size. You don't need another full size transmitter. Besides the Devo 7e can be used to fly helis from Blade and other brands later on. This cannot be done with the Devo 7.
Great advice.....super CP with devo 7e....i suggest you go window shopping to helipal.com, great pictures, description, of your future bird. I am a frequent customer of helipal, great customer service, but not the cheapest price...since you are located in USA...you have more alternatives. Looked at Tmart....they are sold out on your bird...
Welcome to electric powered helis
You might want to look at wow hobbies, ehirobo.com, chinesejade.com
Happy flying....yes, I have the superCP, MiniCP, and GeniusCP....great helis in my experience....TRI-FLOW fantastic for maintenance...suggested by Mr. Dankar04
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Oct 19, 2014, 05:18 PM
Flying Models for 51 Years!
Georgia, United States
Joined Oct 2002
801 Posts
Hey Guy's thanks for all the Good Info and Great Advise! I have looked at the CP120, it's a nice Helicopter! What sparked my interest to get back in to the CP Helicopters was all the Fun I have had Flying the HERO RC H911! I've been Flying the bejeebies out of it outdoors! It want Loop or Roll but it Flies Backwards fine! It will do Stationary Pirouette's Clockwise or Counter Clockwise, even Nose down Pirouettes! And after a Crash you just pick it up and toss it back into the Air! Now, that's the part I like! I'm leaning towards something that I can raise a little Hell with and if it I crash there is little to no damage! And if there is Damage it want cost a lot to repair! As for 3D, my Flying includes Loops, Rolls both stationary and moving. Funnel's Upright and Inverted. Pirouettes any way you want em! Flying Backwards, Upright and Inverted! That's about it! So, what can I get, that will do most of this and be Crash Resistant, not to expensive and Small! I'm leaning towards the super CP with Devo 7e! Your suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks
Bobby
Sixter is online now Find More Posts by Sixter
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:38 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Mar 2013
370 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guy's thanks for all the Good Info and Great Advise! I have looked at the CP120, it's a nice Helicopter! What sparked my interest to get back in to the CP Helicopters was all the Fun I have had Flying the HERO RC H911! I've been Flying the bejeebies out of it outdoors! It want Loop or Roll but it Flies Backwards fine! It will do Stationary Pirouette's Clockwise or Counter Clockwise, even Nose down Pirouettes! And after a Crash you just pick it up and toss it back into the Air! Now, that's the part I like! I'm leaning towards something that I can raise a little Hell with and if it I crash there is little to no damage! And if there is Damage it want cost a lot to repair! As for 3D, my Flying includes Loops, Rolls both stationary and moving. Funnel's Upright and Inverted. Pirouettes any way you want em! Flying Backwards, Upright and Inverted! That's about it! So, what can I get, that will do most of this and be Crash Resistant, not to expensive and Small! I'm leaning towards the super CP with Devo 7e! Your suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks
Bobby
The walkeras are good, but there is one thing I don't like about them, it's the 6 axis gyro. It sometimes behave like the weight bar. If you already can do lots of 3D, I think the blade nano is more agile. The 6-axis on all walkera now days makes them kinda behave weird, and not as much fun to do aggressively.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:41 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
1,452 Posts
6axis is design for beginners to CP, more stable and easier to fly. The Super CP has 3 axis.
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:00 PM
Flying Models for 51 Years!
Georgia, United States
Joined Oct 2002
801 Posts
Guy's the Blade Nano looks really good for what I want in a small Helicopter. And, it will work with my DX9 I haven' got to read a lot about it, I think they have a Brushless version! I would prefer the Brushlees Motors over the Brushed Motors. Watched a few videos and it has plenty of punch for a small Helicopter! Any comments on it?

Thanks
Bobby
Sixter is online now Find More Posts by Sixter
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Mar 2013
370 Posts
Quote:
Guy's the Blade Nano looks really good for what I want in a small Helicopter. And, it will work with my DX9 I haven' got to read a lot about it, I think they have a Brushless version! I would prefer the Brushlees Motors over the Brushed Motors. Watched a few videos and it has plenty of punch for a small Helicopter! Any comments on it?

Thanks
Bobby

It's a good heli. I think it only comes with brush motors. But that motor wears out in no time. Upgrade to brushless is extremely easy. You'll need 45C batteries for brushless. I know it works with specktrum tx, but depending on how old your tx is. I think it doesn't work with some of the older models. The heli can parts are way more costly than walkera. The heli itself is more costly too as it doesn't come with tx. But I think its more responsive and agile in that micro category. If you are ok with spending more, the nano cpx is good. But if you are more concern about budget, then the Walkera mini (I like mini more than SCP) with Devo7e is good.
Old Today, 04:33 PM
Joined Jul 2013
17 Posts
Hello guys, i'm considering buying a Super CP for further Brushlesssss upgrade. I've chosen these components for my build:
HK 10A esc for micro heli (looks like oversky)
Programming tool for the esc
T.Hiro's Modified BLheli firmware for the esc
Not sure about the motor, i wanna go for a Oversky HP03S V2 13200KV Brushless Motor with ??? pinion
About the battery i haven't the slightest idea :/
Genius cp main gear
In the future maybe a 7mm tail
Will the stock tail hold up with this setup?

The problem is: What do i set in the blheli setup, if i wanna take signal plug n' play style (taking it from the motor plug's negative. and can i set this bl heli on the hk esc?
And also, if i flash that firmware T.Hiro provided, i dont need to solder anything on the esc and i don't need a converter, just take the signal wire (red on hk esc) and connect it to the main motor's negative output?

With the Oversky HP03S V2 13200KV Brushless Motor, do i need to cut anything in the frame or canopy, or with the super cp, there wont be any problems?

Thank you early for answers, regards from Hungary: Csabi
flyka737 is online now Find More Posts by flyka737
Last edited by flyka737; Today at 04:56 PM.