HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:22 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,028 Posts
Its just been released but im curious how many will go for sub 5oz auw on these with d47s and lighter power combos. Whats the actual epp thickness difference between the crack lite and the original?.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:49 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
And some video please bro
We want to see someone we know on the sticks!
Will do Eric. I have an indoor session tomorrow night and it's going to get a work out.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:58 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
are we going to see the rest of the build? I want to see the new landing gear set up! Mine should be here on tuesday. I got to get Cracken! no pun intended! on the build our indoor starts the first weekend in November and i also want to make it to the JR fest!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Jan 2009
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
I got a few flights on mine and wow is it impressive. I will weigh it tomorrow and see where it is, but in the air it feels just like a good depron airplane. I didn't think it was possible but I like it more than the standard Crack Yak.

It's not too floaty at all...in fact it flies very similar to the normal Crack Yak but with a much more pure response. The airplane it reminds me most of is Donatas' Sultimate. You can pull or push as hard and fast as you want and it will make perfectly square corners without losing energy or rolling out. It will float along like a butterfly if you pull the throttle back or whip around at silly speeds if you open it up. The light 2S system provides insane power.
What does your setup consist of?
STLAV8R is offline Find More Posts by STLAV8R
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:38 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
are we going to see the rest of the build? I want to see the new landing gear set up! Mine should be here on tuesday. I got to get Cracken! no pun intended! on the build our indoor starts the first weekend in November and i also want to make it to the JR fest!
Yep, the rest of the build pics are going up tomorrow. I was finishing up the build and flight testing this weekend.

I agree with Cody. This thing is sick!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:30 PM
Build em lite......
Joined Apr 2012
168 Posts
[QUOTE=hercdriver7777;23002313]Yep, the rest of the build pics are going up tomorrow. I was finishing up the build and flight testing this weekend.

You had mentioned earlier, one build with Welders and the second build with CA. Any details as yet on weight difference?
nkhamlue is offline Find More Posts by nkhamlue
Last edited by nkhamlue; Oct 15, 2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:35 AM
Build em lite......
Joined Apr 2012
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Other than myself on the US team we have three guys working as we speak. In Czech crew there is one proto vid that we can share - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avScE...ature=youtu.be

Sick!
Very fine job of flying by young Czech lad.....well done. Always enjoy viewing your talents.......Look forward to more.....
nkhamlue is offline Find More Posts by nkhamlue
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:59 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
I really thought killing one of these was impossible. But. Me and all the kids I let fly my yak. Have done it. Need to order a new frame!!!
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:17 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
You killed a Crack Yak lite already
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
Prague Ruzyne, Czechoslovakia (former)
Joined Jan 2003
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
Is it possible for you to ask him about a 2mm prop adapter? That would allow using a motor like the Hacker A10-9L without having to machine a special shaft.

Azarr
I will try.
David Kyjovsky is offline Find More Posts by David Kyjovsky
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:20 PM
#14 royal wulf
bluegrass state
Joined Dec 2009
325 Posts
Crack Yak lite looks amazing.
Anyone know if a mini Crack yak is still in the works for umx gear?
daft punk is offline Find More Posts by daft punk
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:39 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
Supposedly. No details yet there was a photo floating around of one I thought.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
I got a few flights on mine and wow is it impressive. I will weigh it tomorrow and see where it is, but in the air it feels just like a good depron airplane. I didn't think it was possible but I like it more than the standard Crack Yak.

It's not too floaty at all...in fact it flies very similar to the normal Crack Yak but with a much more pure response. The airplane it reminds me most of is Donatas' Sultimate. You can pull or push as hard and fast as you want and it will make perfectly square corners without losing energy or rolling out. It will float along like a butterfly if you pull the throttle back or whip around at silly speeds if you open it up. The light 2S system provides insane power.

Gents, I was "this" close to getting the reg CY, now I see this. Can't get em both at the moment, so gotta decide!

I'm 3D all the way (heli's & fixed)...so the question is which to get...Cwojcik, thx for the comparison.

The reality is, just ain't no good indoor places to around here fly that are accessible ...so outdoor flt is a must.. Now I know, and I've seen, that the reg CY handles a light breeze well.

But my mantra is "build light, fly light; fly low, fly slow"...so which one to order?? I mean I know the reg CY rocks, everybody does...but when I see CY "lite" I flip my proverbial wig!

Help me!!! CY or CYL????
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,350 Posts
crack yak...its still plenty light enough to fly indoors if need be but great for outdoor
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:17 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Yep, the rest of the build pics are going up tomorrow. I was finishing up the build and flight testing this weekend.

I agree with Cody. This thing is sick!
Thanks for the update!
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott