SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:29 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Sep 2012
84 Posts
Question
DH 9116 Controller Question

I have a question about adjusting the controller Mode/Sub menu.
In each menu section, Elev/Sub:Aile/Sub Etc. This is what I've set but am unsure of what it does. I'm assuming they are off-sets to further correct flight characteristics.....but its just an assumption. The settings are as follows:

Elev/Sub : Tri.F(8) 000
Aile/Sub : Tri.L (A) 000
Thro/Sub: Tri.F(8) 000
Rudd/Sub: Tri.L(A) 000

Now with the Up/Down buttons on the left of controller these settings can be adjusted +- 120. If adjusted down the symbols in parentheses appear. I'm assuming again that the (8) indicates Reverse and the (A) indicates Right.

Could someone with the knowledge please clarify for me what this Sub-Menu is used for & if my assumptions are correct and MORE IMPORTANTLY, what numbers should I use as a base and what do they represent. PLEASE, only respond if you can explain all this as I Confuse Easily.
ironhorse99 is offline Find More Posts by ironhorse99
Last edited by ironhorse99; Oct 10, 2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: change to question
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:47 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,420 Posts
This doesn't help?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...9&d=1345324334
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Sep 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
If that's the Chinglish manual I have that......doesn't help.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:22 PM
Orlando FL
Joined Apr 2009
9 Posts
those are subtrims. they exist to help center and fine-tune the main setup in the craft. once setup, they don't need to be touched anymore. We normally use those to center the servo 90 degree's before mounting in the heli.

With the latest flybareless controllers, radio subtrim is pretty much useless, as it would be giving the gyro input all the time, creating a drift, so the flybareless units have sub-trim embeded into its programing. However, on flybare machines, sub-trim is the best tool to center a heli.

--T
tmodelli is offline Find More Posts by tmodelli
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:28 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorse99 View Post
I have a question about adjusting the controller Mode/Sub menu.
In each menu section, Elev/Sub:Aile/Sub Etc. This is what I've set but am unsure of what it does. I'm assuming they are off-sets to further correct flight characteristics.....but its just an assumption. The settings are as follows:

Elev/Sub : Tri.F(8) 000
Aile/Sub : Tri.L (A) 000
Thro/Sub: Tri.F(8) 000
Rudd/Sub: Tri.L(A) 000

Now with the Up/Down buttons on the left of controller these settings can be adjusted +- 120. If adjusted down the symbols in parentheses appear. I'm assuming again that the (8) indicates Reverse and the (A) indicates Right.
Could someone with the knowledge please clarify for me what this Sub-Menu is used for & if my assumptions are correct and MORE IMPORTANTLY, what numbers should I use as a base and what do they represent. PLEASE, only respond if you can explain all this as I Confuse Easily.

It's not "8", it's "B". And it's not "A", it's "R". So you have AIL "L"(left) and "R"(right). And THRO "F" (forward) and "B" (back). I don't use use Sub trim, or even trim really. I'd rather trim the heli itself than adjust the tx when possible..
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Sep 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
It's not "8", it's "B". And it's not "A", it's "R". So you have AIL "L"(left) and "R"(right). And THRO "F" (forward) and "B" (back). I don't use use Sub trim, or even trim really. I'd rather trim the heli itself than adjust the tx when possible..
I was close I suppose. I agree with you. The more I play around with the unit the more I discover. I just made a hardware adjustment to the right servo which always once the controller binded with the heli the right servo(as viewed from the tail-in position) would always pull down from the neutral position. So I disconnected the arm & moved it a little up so that when the unit binds it levels out neutral. Now when it takes off its very stable with almost no drift.
As for my original post it looks as though its a learn as you go kind of thing. I won't know what if any numbers I can use or what they mean unless & until I experiment with trial & error methodology.