HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 02:09 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Flyer View Post
OK Fly Boys since the lake was so green it got my mind a stink'n and played with my green screen and set me in the PBY.
Enjoy
Captain buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn2cztMI1j4
No way this is what I'm trying to do with my Beaver videos but havn't figured out yet.
I use the Magix pro 16 editor and its so big that I'm still learning stuff on it.

This is way too good
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:11 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouverrc View Post
I just finished assembling my Island Wings edition and am pretty darn happy with it. I have noticed that the front float bracket that runs between the two floats is loose. The floats move left to right (when nose in), approx. 1/8 of an inch. When I was doing the assembly I noticed this and tried every possible way that bar could go into the floats, but it still would not tighten up. The back one is fine. The front one just has play in it. Is this normal? Am I missing something?
Not many things to try here as it goes in the slot and the screw is tighten but if the screw is too short then it wont go in the float cross brace.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Today, 03:24 PM
3D Addict
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined May 2013
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouverrc View Post
I just finished assembling my Island Wings edition and am pretty darn happy with it. I have noticed that the front float bracket that runs between the two floats is loose. The floats move left to right (when nose in), approx. 1/8 of an inch. When I was doing the assembly I noticed this and tried every possible way that bar could go into the floats, but it still would not tighten up. The back one is fine. The front one just has play in it. Is this normal? Am I missing something?
Mine giggles a bit nothing much.
Sure hasn't kept me from flying!
Allinone is offline Find More Posts by Allinone
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tricopter "Candy Dropper"
Old Today, 03:26 PM
Whad'ya mean over engineered?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,644 Posts
Gotta say Todd, that there was pretty good for a first shot at it, very entertaining! I spent three plus hours on Windows Movie Maker last night on a 4 min 10 sec long video, getting everything just like I wanted it and when I went to publish it (that's what they call it in movie maker) three of the clips I used in the movie were locked up! Found some stuff to try but at this point I'm so frustrated it would probably be better to walk away from it for a day or two!

Robin

PS - Sun was fully down behind Konocti at 6:15 last night so 5:30 would probably give us about an hour for a dusk patrol if it's not too windy!
cubcrafter60 is online now Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by cubcrafter60; Today at 03:57 PM.
Old Today, 05:54 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
727 Posts
......So does anyone have a spare right aileron, perhaps from an old broken wing? My Beaver has been grounded since an airboat water exfil went awry. I could graft it probably but it wouldn't be as pretty. I would be willing to cover shiping and whatever it's worth to you.
makg is online now Find More Posts by makg
Old Today, 10:01 PM
Capt. Buck
Joined Oct 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Gotta say Todd, that there was pretty good for a first shot at it, very entertaining! I spent three plus hours on Windows Movie Maker last night on a 4 min 10 sec long video, getting everything just like I wanted it and when I went to publish it (that's what they call it in movie maker) three of the clips I used in the movie were locked up! Found some stuff to try but at this point I'm so frustrated it would probably be better to walk away from it for a day or two!

Robin

PS - Sun was fully down behind Konocti at 6:15 last night so 5:30 would probably give us about an hour for a dusk patrol if it's not too windy!
We can try this weekend at dusk and see how the water is. Call me if it looks good.
If I get my new Camera Stabilizer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-US-SHIP...item1c40847324

Then we can try it out. As your my camera man and no one else can keep their eye on the planes the way I fly.

Capt. Buck Out
Quantum Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Quantum Flyer
Old Today, 10:03 PM
Get in over your head!
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Dec 2013
15 Posts
Just bought a 103" WS Beaver kit from a guy on CL for $100! I know I stole it but it is what it is!

The wood is cut by Laser Lizard and the fiberglass is all from MR Aerodesign. I also got the aluminum landing gear bracket (which is like 1/4" thick!).

I am having a hard time finding any "builds" for this kit on any of the major sites.

Could some people chime in here and help me find some good builds for me to check out.

Thanks for the help fellas!
Jamestat2 is online now Find More Posts by Jamestat2
Old Today, 10:06 PM
Capt. Buck
Joined Oct 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
No way this is what I'm trying to do with my Beaver videos but havn't figured out yet.
I use the Magix pro 16 editor and its so big that I'm still learning stuff on it.

This is way too good
I use a Big Green 10 x 10 Ft. Cloth I got from the fabric store. Then I film myself in front of it. You then drop the video on the Editing line below your main video. Double Click on your green screen video and click the APPLY CHROMA KEY. You select the color( Green) that you wish to remove and wala, you have a clean see thru background.
Spielberg out !
Last edited by Quantum Flyer; Today at 10:11 PM. Reason: add pciture
Old Today, 10:14 PM
Capt. Buck
Joined Oct 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makg View Post
......So does anyone have a spare right aileron, perhaps from an old broken wing? My Beaver has been grounded since an airboat water exfil went awry. I could graft it probably but it wouldn't be as pretty. I would be willing to cover shiping and whatever it's worth to you.
You can go this route Mate
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Flyzone-...item4d25bd06d8

Capt. Buck
Old Today, 10:16 PM
Capt. Buck
Joined Oct 2009
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestat2 View Post
Just bought a 103" WS Beaver kit from a guy on CL for $100! I know I stole it but it is what it is!

The wood is cut by Laser Lizard and the fiberglass is all from MR Aerodesign. I also got the aluminum landing gear bracket (which is like 1/4" thick!).

I am having a hard time finding any "builds" for this kit on any of the major sites.

Could some people chime in here and help me find some good builds for me to check out.

Thanks for the help fellas!
You might find some help here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514545
Capt. Buck
Old Today, 10:26 PM
Capt. Buck
Joined Oct 2009
36 Posts
Floating on Grass

Heres a few shots of this weekends Grass, I mean Lake take offs