SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:36 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
17 Posts
Hey guys. Just about to receive this magnificent beast due to a club member having too many. Never been flown. The B25 has been my favorite ever since I was a kid. Can't believe my luck.
So, upon doing a fair bit of reading on this thread I'm wondering my best option. I have a couple of 4s 5000'S and would really like to keep it 4s. My dilemma is that I would like to have more punch than stock and can't find anyone using 4s without swapping out motors, esc and props.
Can just the props be changed to give it more or won't the speedies or motor handle the change? Id prefer just to change props. If all else fails I'll go to 5s with stock but just means more $ for batteries. Would there be much price difference for an extra 2propsand adapters compared to 2 5s 2750's for about $50AUS?
thanks.
Extraboy is offline Find More Posts by Extraboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2014, 09:46 PM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Apr 2005
78 Posts
I fly mine all stock with two 5S 2800mah Lipos and the bird flies like at dream at half to three quarter throttle. I use full throttle only for take-off and I get a strong climb-out! This vs. the maiden flight which was done with a 4S 5000mah and the performance was very marginal to say the least, I barely made it over the trees at the end of my club's field (scary!)! That's what prompted me to get the 5S's and I'm very happy with the performance! Also when you get yours make sure the timing on the ESC's is set to "High"! Hope this helps!
orvel is online now Find More Posts by orvel
Old Sep 05, 2014, 07:16 AM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
567 Posts
Can the stock ESC'S handle the 5S?
cmk-2 is offline Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Sep 06, 2014, 03:45 PM
Joined Apr 2005
78 Posts
So far no problems! At WOT I'm getting about 93 amps, but I only stay there for take off, and fly mostly at half to three quarter which is way below that amperage! Update! Forgot that the above results I got awhile ago before I adjusted the timing on my ESC, I ran the motors today on the ground and with two 2800 mah 5S Lipos in parallel, I got 77 amps at WOT, not bad at all!
Last edited by orvel; Sep 08, 2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2014, 11:56 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvel View Post
So far no problems! At WOT I'm getting about 93 amps, but I only stay there for take off, and fly mostly at half to three quarter which is way below that amperage! Update! Forgot that the above results I got awhile ago before I adjusted the timing on my ESC, I ran the motors today on the ground and with two 2800 mah 5S Lipos in parallel, I got 77 amps at WOT, not bad at all!
Hey Orvel,

Do you have a link to the batteries you are using? I'd like to make the jump to 5S.

Thanks
Pete
peterswolf is online now Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2014, 10:07 PM
Joined Apr 2005
78 Posts
Peter I'm using the Genesis 5S 2800mh 65C from Banana Hobby (link below), great batteries but they're out of stock right now. You might try NanoTechs from Hobby King, they're also great batteries, I use them on my other warbirds and never had a problem. BTW these batteries will fit right in the B-25 cavity without having to do any butchering!

http://www.bananahobby.com/genesis-p...tery-pack.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Old Oct 10, 2014, 05:35 AM
Joined Apr 2012
891 Posts
Thanks Orvel! Did you have to add any extra weight in the tail for balancing or do these get the CG pretty close in stock location?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2014, 08:19 AM
Joined Apr 2005
78 Posts
Nope! No extra weight at all anywhere and no problems with the CG!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 08:26 AM
Joined Apr 2012
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvel View Post
Nope! No extra weight at all anywhere and no problems with the CG!
Great news, thanks for your help Orvel!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2014, 08:31 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2012
306 Posts
Other then Banana Hobby is there another place to purchase this plane in North America?
carbow is offline Find More Posts by carbow
Old Oct 19, 2014, 09:36 AM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
Carbow,
Nope. Seems BH has the lock. I will tell you I've had two of these and both arrived in great condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbow View Post
Other then Banana Hobby is there another place to purchase this plane in North America?
buffetbob is offline Find More Posts by buffetbob
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:32 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2012
306 Posts
Thanks may have to go with Banana Hobby. Overall how do you like yours?
carbow is offline Find More Posts by carbow
Last edited by carbow; Oct 19, 2014 at 01:18 PM.