HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:53 AM
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
still no feedback from those who bought the board?
abriosi is offline Find More Posts by abriosi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:17 AM
United Kingdom, Hailsham
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
Got mine yesterday, going to get it set up in a quadX. Using the multiwii 1_9 GUI it logs in and is all adjustable, compass and altitude are all in and working(never seen so many traces on that screen). Could do with some indicators on motor sequence and direction, going to assume the same as multiwii.
The arrow on the board indicates that the board is square on to the direction of flight which must be a first, motors are marked up 1-03 2-09 3-010 4-011 5-05 6-06. That looks like the original wii numbers, connected roll and pitch servos for camera stabilisation and they all move, out indoor flying with my micro quad tonight so more tomorrow.

David H
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:31 AM
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagifly View Post
Got mine yesterday, going to get it set up in a quadX. Using the multiwii 1_9 GUI it logs in and is all adjustable, compass and altitude are all in and working(never seen so many traces on that screen). Could do with some indicators on motor sequence and direction, going to assume the same as multiwii.
The arrow on the board indicates that the board is square on to the direction of flight which must be a first, motors are marked up 1-03 2-09 3-010 4-011 5-05 6-06. That looks like the original wii numbers, connected roll and pitch servos for camera stabilisation and they all move, out indoor flying with my micro quad tonight so more tomorrow.

David H
thanks, will be waiting for updates
abriosi is offline Find More Posts by abriosi
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:19 PM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
whats the cycle time like in the gui?

have you tried it at 400mhz?
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:45 PM
Joined Aug 2007
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s View Post
there might well be a batch being made up even as we speak with any luck you should find this board very easily in the next few weeks maybe christmas day? ""hint hint""
is the only advantage (difference) on this new board the slightly smaller size?

besides that same functionality as the standard mwc?

just trying to figure out if it's worth waiting for
SGsoar is offline Find More Posts by SGsoar
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:53 PM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGsoar View Post
is the only advantage (difference) on this new board the slightly smaller size?

besides that same functionality as the standard mwc?

just trying to figure out if it's worth waiting for
basically yes

if your planning to build a quad that weighs over 500grams no point waiting for a 7gram board when you can buy the exact same components in a 13gram board right now see my point? at 1kg+ i wouldn't even bother looking at the board i use unless you want to hide it away and try and make people believe theres no flight controller at all lol
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:28 AM
FC flux'd
Joined Jan 2007
537 Posts
where are those flight reports etc. it's been a great weekend for quads!
Katch is offline Find More Posts by Katch
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:39 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I want to hear something too. I expect my board to arrive in the next few days. My Hobbyking parts should be here today. I could've bought an RTF quad, but I gotta admit building these things IS a lot of fun even though I haven't had time to actually fly the first one I built much. (It's winter. It either rains, snows or it's too dark outside. Sweden is no good for RC =l )
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:47 AM
QuaDreko pilot :)
Slovenia, Kamnik
Joined Oct 2010
116 Posts
I'm also waiting for reports...
Drekavac is offline Find More Posts by Drekavac
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:12 AM
Joined Sep 2007
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
I want to hear something too. I expect my board to arrive in the next few days. My Hobbyking parts should be here today. I could've bought an RTF quad, but I gotta admit building these things IS a lot of fun even though I haven't had time to actually fly the first one I built much. (It's winter. It either rains, snows or it's too dark outside. Sweden is no good for RC =l )
Hi wiseDuck, build a micro quad so you can fly anytime you like winter or not . Raining season is catching up earlier this year in Singapore so I've decided to build my 1st quad as small as possible so I can learn to fly in my house. Last night I couldn't wait anymore for fly report so I've place an order for the lite version so I can compare with my standard multiwii board($145 ) which I've installed in my micro quad.

Regards,
Edwin.K
edwin3162 is offline Find More Posts by edwin3162
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:46 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin3162 View Post
Hi wiseDuck, build a micro quad so you can fly anytime you like winter or not . Raining season is catching up earlier this year in Singapore so I've decided to build my 1st quad as small as possible so I can learn to fly in my house. Last night I couldn't wait anymore for fly report so I've place an order for the lite version so I can compare with my standard multiwii board($145 ) which I've installed in my micro quad.

Regards,
Edwin.K
Nice one!

That's exactly what I'm doing actually! I received the mini Bambucopter frame last friday, now I'm just waiting for parts from Hobbyking (Props, ESCs, 18-11 brushless motors, batteries and various other parts) and the FC and Rx from eBay. Everything should be here very soon. Can't wait!
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Same here , waiting on everything coming ( last ever order made with hobbyking , ill be sticking to Giantcod or domestic suppliers from now on , even daft mick selling things from a briefcase will get my money before those knobheads do) hopefully some of it will be here this week.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:06 AM
Happy landings
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jul 2007
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Price involves more than the raw material cost. Buying from a source that provides a warranty and support for their product can be worth a lot. Some of these new Chinese knockoffs don't even seem to come with documentation or software. Not saying that is the case here, but lowest purchase price doesn't always deliver the best end user experience.
Well. If my quad flips in the air and it crashes miserably onto someones car or whatever. What good would the support and warranty be? The controller board would probably be unharmed. How should I argue that the board is the problem? Very difficult. The warranty is only interesting before the first flight, when it's tested on the bench and it does not work. BUT if the boards gets cheaper it would be more viable for me to buy another instead of paying the return postal fee.
paulrene is offline Find More Posts by paulrene
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:11 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,088 Posts
"BUT if the boards gets cheaper it would be more viable for me to buy another instead of paying the return postal fee. "

That is what most Chinese wholesalers depend on. I guess it comes down to cheap vs quality and support is all. Some people prefer lower prices over someone standing behind the product for help or if somethig fails/arrives with issues is all. Pros and cons to both, not trying to argue about it, just offerring an opinion.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:01 AM
United Kingdom, Hailsham
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
It flies

Have now got this board flying well, see attached pic's. Quad is super stable but still working on heading hold and height hold, still not much info on these boards so it looks like I'm the crash test dummy. For those who started with nintendo and nunchuks the motor connections make sense, for noobies read the tiny writing next to the pins and follow the original wii setups, Alex's thread has all of the drawings. This board can do 6 motors with conventional receiver inputs, don't need no PPM sum
Weather now closing in so more later, would appreciate input on mag and baro settings.(preferably some that have been proved)

Dave H
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly