HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:59 AM
Registered User
Rain4LA's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
I appreciate your help, Navigator...
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:04 AM
Registered User
United States, OR, Vernonia
Joined Dec 2004
126 Posts
[QUOTE=IntegrityHndywrk;23446656]I finally got my new swashplate installed. I had to order it off Ebay because Wowhobbies is charging like $15 minimum for shipping these days. I won't be ordering there until they fix that mess.

Anyway, with the new swash it's flying pretty damn nice. I was actually able to get in 2 good 3D flights without crashing and for the most part the batteries and motor held out in the wind, finally. Since thats the cause of most of my crashes on this heli. I still can't fly it on most days because it's just too windy, it's just no fun having the heli blown back in your face the whole time by the wind then bogging out trying to fight the wind.

Not sure where you are coming from i just checked and shipping to me here in Oregon is about the same 5.70 for parts. !9.75 for a helicopter. The only thing i see different is the shipping is mostly Fed EX less options. Could you explain? Mike
iflyrvs1 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrvs1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:03 PM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,261 Posts
[QUOTE=iflyrvs1;23447726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I finally got my new swashplate installed. I had to order it off Ebay because Wowhobbies is charging like $15 minimum for shipping these days. I won't be ordering there until they fix that mess.

Anyway, with the new swash it's flying pretty damn nice. I was actually able to get in 2 good 3D flights without crashing and for the most part the batteries and motor held out in the wind, finally. Since thats the cause of most of my crashes on this heli. I still can't fly it on most days because it's just too windy, it's just no fun having the heli blown back in your face the whole time by the wind then bogging out trying to fight the wind.

Not sure where you are coming from i just checked and shipping to me here in Oregon is about the same 5.70 for parts. !9.75 for a helicopter. The only thing i see different is the shipping is mostly Fed EX less options. Could you explain? Mike
Shipping is about the same for me as iflyrvs said....and I'm in the Tampa area. I wonder why your shipping charges would be so much higher integrity? You're not much farther away than me from wowhobbies. parts orders seldom run me more than 6 dollars shipping and most of the time they get my order to me in three working days.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2006
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
Thank you very much. You guys are super helpful, and I appreciate it. A couple of things I need to know to start:
#1 What holds the housing on? I can't seem to locate the screw to loosen, then push the housing in. This is first on my list before disassembling the whole thing. My clutch should be arriving today, so I want to have everything ready - and right now, I can't fly it because every time I put on a new B gear it strips right away. I know that it's because it's not flush at the end of the shaft. .
#2 What kind of CA glue are you guys talking about? There are several different kinds.

Thanks again!!!
usually when you have a new B gear it should have a D hole and fights tightly against the metal drive shaft. however, in due time when you crash it rounds out the D hole eventually. in either case, it is better to use any type of CA glue (super glue) to secure the B gear better against the drive shaft. let us know how your clutch install goes!
hawk01 is offline Find More Posts by hawk01
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:22 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrvs1 View Post
Not sure where you are coming from i just checked and shipping to me here in Oregon is about the same 5.70 for parts. !9.75 for a helicopter. The only thing i see different is the shipping is mostly Fed EX less options. Could you explain? Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Shipping is about the same for me as iflyrvs said....and I'm in the Tampa area. I wonder why your shipping charges would be so much higher integrity? You're not much farther away than me from wowhobbies. parts orders seldom run me more than 6 dollars shipping and most of the time they get my order to me in three working days.




It used to be $7 USPS with insurance. Now they don't even offer USPS insured. This change happed, the best i can tell anyway. Ironically, but not surprisingly. Right on Cyber Monday. Maybe i should call them and see what the hell the problem is. Since the USPS is going bankrupt and keeps asking congress for more money, since they can't afford to pay their employees. It could just be them.

Actually, if you live in Tampa, it makes no sense that shipping to here would cost double what your paying. Hell it's only a 2.5 hour drive to Tampa from here.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 05, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:33 PM
Registered User
United States, OR, Vernonia
Joined Dec 2004
126 Posts
wow shipping charges

I figured it out. If you order one item it is 5.70 but if you order three items it is 17.75 and no usps is offered i am not suirte what is going on wiht them. However i will order everything from China at 5 dollars shipping if this dont get resolved. I have emailed them. Mike
iflyrvs1 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrvs1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:26 AM
WarpQuad, Flip260FPV, etc.
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrvs1 View Post
I figured it out. If you order one item it is 5.70 but if you order three items it is 17.75 and no usps is offered i am not suirte what is going on wiht them. However i will order everything from China at 5 dollars shipping if this dont get resolved. I have emailed them. Mike
Hmm, my last few orders have been just one or two items at a time. They always ship my stuff in a usps flatrate box (that is then placed inside a large usps envelope for some unknown reason?) so they would definitely have some splainin to do if they charge more for multiple items when they all fit in one flatrate box.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:02 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Hmm, my last few orders have been just one or two items at a time. They always ship my stuff in a usps flatrate box (that is then placed inside a large usps envelope for some unknown reason?) so they would definitely have some splainin to do if they charge more for multiple items when they all fit in one flatrate box.
The reason for that is to protect your package. But not entirely. Shipping the flat rate envelopes is cheaper. Not usually by much. I think it's about $0.20 or something like that. But if you shipped a thousand packages a week and saved/earned $0.20 a package thats $200 in your pocket instead of going to the USPS. I do not fault them for this. I also don't fault them for when i make two orders over a weekend and they combine the orders into one shipping cost for them and include a $5.00 battery meter or something to compensate for the shipping i paid. I KNOW they only paid $1-2 for those little meters and shipping an extra package costs $7. So they keep $5-6 and put that in their rainy day fund for when something goes wrong with shipping or otherwise. I can not fault them for this kind of, more or less, common place shipping practice. It's kind of like insurance. If no one is getting hurt and the package arrives on time, which is all most customers care about, i don't find these things unreasonable. In fact I loose those meters all the time, so having a few spares is GREAT, IMO. But this particular issue has me at a inability to order from them. I would like to think it's just a problem with their calculator for shipping. But honestly the annual timing is just too convenient. Regardless, I'll never pay $14 for domestic shipping that will undoubtedly weigh less than a pound without packaging. All my $27 order was, was a V120 swash plate, a couple of canopies and a extreme skid repair kit for the legs. Whats that weigh? About 25g? Helidirect offerers first class mail for when i needed a single part, this was GREAT. But they just are not stocking Walkera anymore. It seems like Wow is the only ones left in the US that is still stocking Walkera. So $5 shipping from HK is probably the way things are going to go. Lucky for me i already disavowed Walkera and am planning on moving away from anything to do with them. For my wallet's sake and to keep a few hairs from turning gray. I just didn't think they would reach a personal EOL for me so quickly, and because of shipping prices. Just another reason to build Align kits. You don't have to worry about this kind of nonsense. You can strap on some shoes and walk to the LHS for what wow wants for shipping these days The gas to drive there still wouldn't touch a fraction of that rate!

The big question is, why are they charging $14 when that is the cost of the BIGGEST flat rate box. But the items i ordered can fit inside the smallest one for only $5 and change. Or even the medium one which is still only $11. I assume there are times they loose and times they gain on shipping. But this is just a sudden and bizarre change at a time of year that begs questioning.

I just checked shipping on a X5 canopy and some parts from helidirect. Keeping in mind that a X5 canopy will probably fill a large or medium flat rate box. The shipping was only $11.95 for priority. Which indicates pricing for a medium flat rate box, according to the USPS. I think wow just has their sizes/weights and shipping calculator all screwed up.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Dec 06, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:42 AM
Registered User
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Jakarta
Joined Nov 2012
51 Posts
Guys just bought main blade and tail blade blade 130x for my v120,i dont know which side facing up and down..or it works both ways for the main blade?do i need some washer?thanks guys
valestrife is offline Find More Posts by valestrife
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:25 AM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valestrife View Post
Guys just bought main blade and tail blade blade 130x for my v120,i dont know which side facing up and down..or it works both ways for the main blade?do i need some washer?thanks guys
The main blades spin clockwise, the tail rotor spins UP into the main rotor. You don't need a washer for them, they should fit. The tail blades will be a tight fit and may cause you some problems with vibes and things.


IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:45 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
The reason for that is to protect your package. But not entirely. Shipping the flat rate envelopes is cheaper. Not usually by much. I think it's about $0.20 or something like that. But if you shipped a thousand packages a week and saved/earned $0.20 a package thats $200 in your pocket instead of going to the USPS. I do not fault them for this. I also don't fault them for when i make two orders over a weekend and they combine the orders into one shipping cost for them and include a $5.00 battery meter or something to compensate for the shipping i paid. I KNOW they only paid $1-2 for those little meters and shipping an extra package costs $7. So they keep $5-6 and put that in their rainy day fund for when something goes wrong with shipping or otherwise. I can not fault them for this kind of, more or less, common place shipping practice. It's kind of like insurance. If no one is getting hurt and the package arrives on time, which is all most customers care about, i don't find these things unreasonable. In fact I loose those meters all the time, so having a few spares is GREAT, IMO. But this particular issue has me at a inability to order from them. I would like to think it's just a problem with their calculator for shipping. But honestly the annual timing is just too convenient. Regardless, I'll never pay $14 for domestic shipping that will undoubtedly weigh less than a pound without packaging. All my $27 order was, was a V120 swash plate, a couple of canopies and a extreme skid repair kit for the legs. Whats that weigh? About 25g? Helidirect offerers first class mail for when i needed a single part, this was GREAT. But they just are not stocking Walkera anymore. It seems like Wow is the only ones left in the US that is still stocking Walkera. So $5 shipping from HK is probably the way things are going to go. Lucky for me i already disavowed Walkera and am planning on moving away from anything to do with them. For my wallet's sake and to keep a few hairs from turning gray. I just didn't think they would reach a personal EOL for me so quickly, and because of shipping prices. Just another reason to build Align kits. You don't have to worry about this kind of nonsense. You can strap on some shoes and walk to the LHS for what wow wants for shipping these days The gas to drive there still wouldn't touch a fraction of that rate!

The big question is, why are they charging $14 when that is the cost of the BIGGEST flat rate box. But the items i ordered can fit inside the smallest one for only $5 and change. Or even the medium one which is still only $11. I assume there are times they loose and times they gain on shipping. But this is just a sudden and bizarre change at a time of year that begs questioning.

I just checked shipping on a X5 canopy and some parts from helidirect. Keeping in mind that a X5 canopy will probably fill a large or medium flat rate box. The shipping was only $11.95 for priority. Which indicates pricing for a medium flat rate box, according to the USPS. I think wow just has their sizes/weights and shipping calculator all screwed up.
It's called making extra profit on shipping. I have tried to order from WOw, but as soon as I get to shipping with only one piece at about 150gm, the shipping is 27.00. I ordered from Helidirect at 6.00 shipping.
I ship to the US 1kg for 15.36 Canada post Air.
I have had similar issue with several companies that seem to want to make money on shipping and also sometimes charge a handeling charge. I feel when someone wants to pay me for handeling, which is my job, then I will start paying as well, but that has never happened yet. I feel the same about companies who charge you for a membership so they can give you a better deal.
I am not prepared to pay someone so I can have the privilege of spend my money at their establishment. You all have a company like that in the US and Canada and I won't set foot in their door.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:08 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
http://helircstore.com/
http://walkerahelicoptersupply.com/
I have used both of these for my parts orders and the shipping is reasonalbe with both.
Bob at RCHelistore is great to work with and very fast shipping.
roadrider is offline Find More Posts by roadrider
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:37 AM
Registered User
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
389 Posts
Bob at HeliRCStore really is great. On my first order I had a question on one of the items I was considering and sent an email. I was expecting a few days wait since it was PRE-SALES customer support.

To my amazement I received an answer within 15 minutes and happily placed my order! I find that it is rare in this hobby to receive after sale customer support, before sale support like this is simply unheard of.

Good prices, fast and reasonable shipping and customer support! I will be a customer there for as long as the store exists!

Jim
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:01 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
It's called making extra profit on shipping. I have tried to order from WOw, but as soon as I get to shipping with only one piece at about 150gm, the shipping is 27.00. I ordered from Helidirect at 6.00 shipping.
I ship to the US 1kg for 15.36 Canada post Air.
I have had similar issue with several companies that seem to want to make money on shipping and also sometimes charge a handeling charge. I feel when someone wants to pay me for handeling, which is my job, then I will start paying as well, but that has never happened yet. I feel the same about companies who charge you for a membership so they can give you a better deal.
I am not prepared to pay someone so I can have the privilege of spend my money at their establishment. You all have a company like that in the US and Canada and I won't set foot in their door.
I really didn't want to call Wowhobbies out like this. But yeah, it's starting to look like holiday price gouging. It's all good though because since they started this nonsense i've placed at least $100 worth of orders with other sites. I probably order a minumum of $30-60 a week too. They are probably missing my money all the way to the bank with this nonsense. I just hope most people didn't just go ahead and pay, or click though thinking nothing has changed. VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS PEOPLE!!

Weather they screwed up the shipping calculator, or they are price gouging. I still think it's total BS that they have not addressed the issue in this amount of time. I'm still waiting to see what email reply they give iflyrvs1. In another thread, someone mentioned having placed the order, then noticing it was $20 shipping they called them and i think they adjusted it or something. I don't know. But my TIME is easily a billion times more valuable to me than any dollar amount. Time is a nonrenewable resource and i only have so much of it. Money.... I can make more of that. So asking me to call them to sort out a issue that simply should not exist is like asking me to pay wow to fix their problems for them. I'm sure a company like wow hobbies that probably does a few million in sales every year can figure out that they have a shipping problem and fix it before a few days go by. It's been over a week and it's still the same. I actually tried to keep my mouth shut about this, as hard as that was. Just in case they happened to realize their self that they were ripping everyone off on shipping. I guess we'll have to see what they do now. What?? Did they think the thousands of customers out there shopping around on 4-5 different sites wouldn't have noticed that wow's shipping is 3X higher than the other 3-4 sites for the same Priority mail shipping? OR maybe they just think we're all stupid. Next thing you know people will be believing that Osama Bin Ladin didn't die in 2001 from kidney failure or Marfan syndrome.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:05 PM
IHW Heli Division
IntegrityHndywrk's Avatar
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrider View Post
http://helircstore.com/
http://walkerahelicoptersupply.com/
I have used both of these for my parts orders and the shipping is reasonalbe with both.
Bob at RCHelistore is great to work with and very fast shipping.
Sweet, i've been waiting to hear some people talk about those sites. I did become frustrated using their sites, while navigating for the parts i was looking for. I probably just have to get used to it. I'll have to give them a shot later.

I've heard good things about rchelistore, but i don't like shopping with new people until i get some reviews. So thanks for these guys. I previously thought walkerahelicopersupply was not in the US. I don't know why. Maybe their web site design made me feel like that. But i noticed that they are recognized by the BBB. So unless that is just a icon they slapped up there. That alone goes a long way as far as trust in transactions go. I don't know why i never noticed anyone else displaying such accolades.... OH YEAH.. They don't have any.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion new heli from walkera HIKO400? xyzy2 Micro Helis 15 Jan 12, 2012 11:16 AM
Sold Align 70A ESC W/BEC from 500/550 class Heli NEW! HD Hucker Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Oct 13, 2011 12:37 PM
Discussion Ultra Durable Diamond Mini Gyro 3 Channel Indoor Ready to Fly RC Remote Control Heli LittleG Coaxial Helicopters 32 Jan 14, 2011 12:55 PM
Discussion Walker 4#3 throttle problem Ė new heli Ronon Micro Helis 2 Jan 24, 2009 04:22 PM