HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2010, 08:01 PM
Frogman
Stoughton, WI
Joined Jun 2009
1,719 Posts
Discussion
Shot some Infrared AP today in the snow

Well it is the melting snow. The weather was perfect today but I didn't feel like taking the big plane out so I took the small AP backup plane and decided to try out the little 3mp cam I got from Randall1959 that I retrofitted to do infrared imagery over the holidays. I haven't done any IR back here in the snowy north.

I went to my usual practice spot a few blocks from home so once again you see the same area. Anyway as you can see the IR shows things a little different. The shadows just pop off the screen. Colors are all different than you are used to as well. Straight from the camera they are very pink colored so I do some tweaking in photoshop to make them look nicer. I didn't bother to rotate and crop the images as it is just for fun and at only 3mp there isn't much resolution to crop with. Anyway, here are some cool IR pics.

This is my favorite. It's the duck pond that has given me a few great images.

Just a little something different for everyone. I love how the shadows really stand out and also how the trees look completely different. Such fun to play with. Now I need a higher pixel count cam to retrofit.
frogman1206 is offline Find More Posts by frogman1206
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2010, 11:12 AM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,380 Posts
I love the snaggled tree picture! Very neat!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird