HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2009, 12:05 PM
Joined Dec 2007
233 Posts
Discussion
Bubble Dancer EZ

I am considering building an RES sailplane and the Bubble Dancer EZ has been suggested to me. Has anyone experience with this kit and the finished airplane? Thanks for your opinions.
romanl is offline Find More Posts by romanl
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2009, 12:38 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
I have wanted to build one as well but havent found one place to get everthing from. The place you used to be able to get parts from now tells you to go to another website where there is no mention of the plane at all.

I did find some laser cut ribs and such but it just seamed like I was going to have to source things at to many places. I never did find the pod and boom for it either.
Bud Morrison is offline Find More Posts by Bud Morrison
Old Aug 07, 2009, 12:42 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
Quote:
he EZBD Kit will no longer be sold by Polecat Aeroplane Works please contact Mark Miller @ IsthmusModels.com
So I check out IsthmusModels.com and the Bubbledancer is nowhere to be found.

I did find ribs and webs here
http://www.mountainmodels.com/produc...roducts_id=189
Old Aug 07, 2009, 12:54 PM
Mr. Head
Redding, CA
Joined Feb 2006
90 Posts
Send an email to Mark at Isthmus Models to check on the status. The last heard about the EZBD was that was still in development, but getting close.

As for building a Drela Bubble Dancer, gathering all of the parts is a major scavenger hunt. I think I got all of my parts from a half a dozen different vendors. Time consuming, but not that difficult.

Randy . . . . .
c55834 is offline Find More Posts by c55834
Old Aug 07, 2009, 01:47 PM
LSF186
Wayne, NJ
Joined Jan 2003
424 Posts
if u are looking to scratch build a BD......my soaring buddy and myself have a spreadsheet for all the parts and pieces......i have built 4 BD's and they are not hard from scratch if you are a decent builder......pm me if you are interested.

here are some pics of my last BD...the pod is balsa/ply/fiberglass and our own design....very light and very strong.....hope this helps

bob
neonbutterfly is offline Find More Posts by neonbutterfly
Old Aug 07, 2009, 03:27 PM
USA, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined May 2003
917 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post12801907
hornet_dave is offline Find More Posts by hornet_dave
Old Aug 07, 2009, 04:35 PM
Joined Dec 2007
233 Posts
Thanks for all the inputs. I definitely will wait until the full kit is really ready. The link from Dave is especially revealing about where things are.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 05:10 PM
Lancaster Pa
Joined Jun 2003
1,970 Posts
For now I am going to stick with my idea of bashing a fling arf into a larger wingspan sailplane. Might have to steal the Bubble dancers tail feathers for tho
Old Aug 07, 2009, 06:31 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,101 Posts
Now WHY would you blow up a Fling? Doing it right would probably be easier. How about an Oly 2S (no, NOT the Oly 2 unless you want a very good beginner's glider) or a Scepter? (I haven't built either one, tho.)
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:21 PM
Joined Dec 2007
233 Posts
I sent an email to Mark Miller today asking about the EZ BD and here is his reply:

"The kit is under development. I am doing a test build right now which should be complete next week. I am expecting the price to be around $340.00

Thanks,

Mark Miller"

I then asked for an estimate on availability and am waiting for the response. I will pass it along when I get it.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:26 PM
Gasbags & Gussets
Riverside, Ca
Joined Feb 2009
1,214 Posts
thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanl
I sent an email to Mark Miller today asking about the EZ BD and here is his reply:

"The kit is under development. I am doing a test build right now which should be complete next week. I am expecting the price to be around $340.00

Thanks,

Mark Miller"

I then asked for an estimate on availability and am waiting for the response. I will pass it along when I get it.
thanks for the update. It saves M.Miller from having to answer a million of the same question

js
jswain is online now Find More Posts by jswain
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:54 PM
United States, WI, Waunakee
Joined Oct 2002
2,726 Posts
I have been working on the EZBD kit that was formerly sold by Polecat Aero. It needed some changes and updates. I made changes to the laser files and am working on plans to build from. I had a test set of laser cut parts made and am making sure things fit and they match the plans. No easy feat. I am using a pod and boom that I am sourcing form my contact in Ukraine who also produces the Soprano and pipers that I have sold.

So far I have the pod and boom assembled with the tail and radio gear ready to go. The wing is about 3/4 of the way done. I am hoping to get the build done by next week. Then I can start organizing things for a final kit. HEre are some photos of what I have been doing lately.

Mark Miller
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old Aug 07, 2009, 08:03 PM
"He's hot in the center!"
Halfway, MO
Joined Jul 2003
225 Posts
You poor guy! Once released you won't be able to sleep for a month putting kits together. I know I want one. Although I have my eye on an Oly 3, I may change my mind and get the EZBD instead. Can't wait!!

I see we are practically neighbors.
AdamQuennoz is offline Find More Posts by AdamQuennoz
Old Aug 07, 2009, 08:13 PM
United States, WI, Waunakee
Joined Oct 2002
2,726 Posts
More Photos....

Mark
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Last edited by Mark Miller; Aug 07, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,792 Posts
Mark's been a busy boy......
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman