closed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:14 AM
Registered Model Boat Captain
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
235 Posts
Nirvanna group buy ?

Anyone in central Iowa thinking about buying a new Nirvana? I am very tempted to take advantage of the three or more discount from sailrc. I want one for myself and possibly two. Would also be way more fun if I can organize a few folks with the same boat nearby to run with!

Short notice I know but I plan to talk with Steve at sailrc just to learn what I can in a pre order talk and order today. I may end up with one or two extra boats so let me know if you are in the area and interested.

If the free shipping is still available from sailrc that is going to make shipping from me to anyplace a bit unapealling.

Jim
rcjimd is offline Find More Posts by rcjimd
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2012, 07:23 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Aug 2011
394 Posts
call me crazy.... but i may be interested...

im thinking i may buy one stirctly for up north and leave it. ive been toying with that for a while now. i have not bee able to figure a way to carry 2 nirvanas and a tug in my MH bay. 1 nirvina and a tug would work. then id have two, one for me and one for whoever stops in.
Pappy2 is offline Find More Posts by Pappy2
Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:22 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,753 Posts
Rc, I"m sure if you make a group buy, steve will send em where you need em to go.

chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:50 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Rc, I"m sure if you make a group buy, steve will send em where you need em to go.

Mighty quiet in here...
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:50 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,753 Posts
Yeah...I thought so too..maybe somebody made boom boom in the room?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:07 PM
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
513 Posts
Looks like little man has the RC bug like his daddy. He is saving his money for Traxxas Stampede that a neighbor is selling. He turns 7 in a few weeks and all he is asking relatives and grandparents for is money to buy the truck.

Looks like I will be venturing into the truck and car world. I can think of worse ways to spend time with him.

Dad will most likely be looking for used Rustler so he can race him. Not actively looking, but if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of, keep me in mind.

I still love my sailboats though!!!!

DW
dwatson is online now Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Apr 17, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Apr 2011
235 Posts
Sailrc ?

Has anyone ordered anything from sailrc recently? I tried to order a nirvana today and the site gave me an error so I tried a couple more times thinking I had entered a typo. Long story short the credit card company canceled the card thinking there was fraudulent activity due to the repeat attempts.

What is the actual company name on your receipt?

I am pretty soured on the idea of a sailboat now.

Jim
Old Apr 17, 2012, 10:14 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,753 Posts
Sailrc is a valid, and correct site..try phoning it in, their server must be down.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:26 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson View Post
Looks like little man has the RC bug like his daddy. He is saving his money for Traxxas Stampede that a neighbor is selling. He turns 7 in a few weeks and all he is asking relatives and grandparents for is money to buy the truck.

Looks like I will be venturing into the truck and car world. I can think of worse ways to spend time with him.

Dad will most likely be looking for used Rustler so he can race him. Not actively looking, but if anyone has one they are looking to get rid of, keep me in mind.

I still love my sailboats though!!!!

DW
That is such a great age to teach boys...enjoy it while ya can...once girls take over....well you know the rest...

You need to stear him towards boats if ya can...it may take a fast boat to get him interested at that age but when he gets older the sailboat may peak his interest when he figures out it is just as fun...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:28 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjimd View Post

Jim
I have problems with that site from time to time too...also Steve is getting ready for 2 regattas coming up in the next couple weeks. The Nirvana is worth the hassal...give him a call....
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:36 AM
Nirvana 38, Seawind 178
United States, NC
Joined Feb 2012
498 Posts
I just ordered and recieved 2 parts from them in the last week so must be a server problem.
seabee CE is online now Find More Posts by seabee CE
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Apr 2011
235 Posts
Seabee,

Does "sailrc" show up on an invoice of your credit card bill or is it run through another company? I can't check it now because my credit card flagged my card and then completely canceled it because they suspected fraud due to the several repeat attempts.

I think the transaction listed elk something not sailrc.

I won't be ordering anything until I get a new card and reset all my cc autopsy accounts, what a PITA!

Jim
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:17 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,753 Posts
The parent company is elk trading..
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:28 AM
Joined Apr 2011
235 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks,

Now I feel better. I wish I had know that last night when my wife asked about the charges on the account.

Jim
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:34 AM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjimd View Post
Has anyone ordered anything from sailrc recently? I tried to order a nirvana today and the site gave me an error so I tried a couple more times thinking I had entered a typo. Long story short the credit card company canceled the card thinking there was fraudulent activity due to the repeat attempts.

What is the actual company name on your receipt?

Jim
Jim
Please don't let a small tech glitch discourage you. Our bank calls us when they suspect fraud/hackers, they may freeze the account until they are able to reach us but cancel the card completely? Not so far.

Steve's site was recently updated and as suggested maybe having a server issue? A call, or e-mail should get things resolved to your satisfaction.

The good thing it appears you weren't hacked! The jerks that steal from us via their knowledge of such things is helping to kill and already damaged economy!
I truly detest thieves! They should all be put in a holding tank of an out house!

Hang in there, it is worth the wait!!

Boomer
Boomer1 is online now Find More Posts by Boomer1