SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined May 2006
12 Posts
Question
Blade 200QX or 350QX for Beginner ???>>>>>>>

Question for people that have flown or own both as a beginner, which would you recommend and why ??? Thank you for any info. God Bless
JDELUNA is offline Find More Posts by JDELUNA
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM
Joined Mar 2014
191 Posts
What are you looking to do? Looking to get into filming some gopro footage later, or want to do flips and stuff?
What kind of area will you be flying in? (size?)
wesalbert is offline Find More Posts by wesalbert
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Joined May 2006
12 Posts
I want something that is easy to learn, stable, take video, good all-around., but also not expensive to repair. Not really interested in acrobatics at the moment. Thanks again for any info or sharing of experience. God Bless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesalbert View Post
What are you looking to do? Looking to get into filming some gopro footage later, or want to do flips and stuff?
What kind of area will you be flying in? (size?)
JDELUNA is offline Find More Posts by JDELUNA
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Professional Numbskull
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Mar 2014
418 Posts
If you are a beginner I wouldn't recommend either because they are expensive to learn on & expensive to repair. I highly recommend learning on an inexpensive WL Toys model from Amazon, something like the V929 for ~ $65, it has an on-board camera, it's fairly cheap to repair, easy to control, does auto flips and won't stress you out when you crash it. Once you master that, then I personally would move up to the 200 QX.
Karnis is online now Find More Posts by Karnis
Old Today, 09:24 AM
jj2
Joined Jul 2014
6 Posts
I've been down your road. I suggest that you learn to fly a multi-rotor using the Blade Nano QX. This aircraft has six axis stabilization ... "floats like a butterfly" ... turns on a dime ... is practically indestructible. The Nano will allow you to stay airborne long enough to learn what happens when I do THIS! I still fly mine, even though I have stepped up to a Blade 200 QX. The 200 is more powerful, heavier, but not indestructible. Six axis stabilization works better on the Nano because that bird is lighter, and "a body in motion tends to stay in motion" ... meaning that the Nano will stop and turn much quicker, while the 200 kinda slides on turns and stops. I have flown a Blade 350 QX momentarily, and I found that the GPS control made it actually easier to fly than either of the above. HOWEVER, the 350 is more complex, a lot heavier, and definitely NOT indestructible. I actually started flying using a Blade MQX, which does not have six axis stabilization. That is difficult to fly, since the pilot must immediately counter his own actions (banks, turns) or the bird leaves the Zip Code. The MQX will teach you to be a pilot, but expect a lot of crashes, and today's six axis technology makes that kind of flying mostly obsolete. Good Luck!
jj2 is offline Find More Posts by jj2
Old Today, 06:35 PM
United States, DC, Washington
Joined May 2014
64 Posts
totally agree with everyone. learn on a nano size. i picked up the jxd 982 for $50 on ebay. this thing is a tank. first time i flew it indoors it went straight up hit the ceiling and i was flying seconds later. it was hard to hover but i was able to practice before flying bigger copters.

it comes with a tx, has a camera, six axis, you can control the camera from the tx. about 5 minutes of flying time per battery. closing the battery door is a pain, but there are mods for that.

once you get some flight hours on a nano, then move up to a 350 or bigger.
franknitty69 is online now Find More Posts by franknitty69
Old Today, 06:47 PM
E_T
Joined Aug 2014
15 Posts
Speaking of the Nano, how well does it do outdoors in wind?
E_T is online now Find More Posts by E_T
Old Today, 06:54 PM
Joined Jun 2008
3 Posts
I would start small, as said before. I got a 350 as my first multicopter, although I had a lot of time on helis, it still crashes far too much. The GPS does make it easier, but it is temperamental, so you need to know how to fly still.
Speedtorque is online now Find More Posts by Speedtorque