SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:37 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,893 Posts
He also didn't pull the aileron wires through from the inside as he seated the wing. Most likely crimped the wires and wedged them between wing and fuse. And he already had the bottom cover bolted on.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:49 PM
ldf
Joined Nov 2012
42 Posts
I noticed that as well but it appeared that he got the wire in there ok. I did it without the cover on so that I could pull the wires as the wings went into place. He actually followed the manual though. In an earlier step it tells you to put the cover on and then later after the wings are installed it tells you to remove the cover and use a hemostat to pull the aileron wires up and connect to the Y connector. Simple logic tells you otherwise.

Oh, and now (after viewing that maiden) I see why they put the plastic skid rails on the bottom vortex generators.
ldf is offline Find More Posts by ldf
Last edited by ldf; Feb 12, 2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: missed a comment
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:53 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Hmmmm... hover and/or torque roll contest maybe? Maybe a hover while eating lunch contest?
How about a 'hover while also flying a Beast 3D' contest? The question would be - which plane to fly with your feet?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:58 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldf View Post
.... use a hemostat to pull the aileron wires up and connect to the Y connector ...
I don't know what a hemostat is but I found that making a hook out of a paperclip worked very well!
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Hmmmm... hover and/or torque roll contest maybe? Maybe a hover while eating lunch contest?
YEP can hover from 10 to 20 sec almost EVERY time ,not down low like U,but 10 to 15 ft high close to me--turkey roll not on the menu YET Dale
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:45 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
YEP can hover from 10 to 20 sec almost EVERY time ,not down low like U,but 10 to 15 ft high close to me--turkey roll not on the menu YET Dale
Turkey roll?? That must be a Dale special... You'll have me beat there!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:27 AM
Joined Feb 2010
246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlostomasso View Post
I did re-bind my plane, and replaced the white silicon holding the ar 635 in the fuse with nice velcro. I think it was just not properly bound, the plane is jittering a lot less now & I think it should be much better now. Even full trottle the ailerons moved just slightly correcting the air from the prop. This was just a home, ground test, but looks much better now. Will let u know after i remaiden

Thanks all and sorry to waste time with a nob error, i was willing to fly this plane before it arrived and probably did not focus at all while binding!
T

Well my visioonare is still shaking in normal or 3d mode, bound it probably 15 times now, and i have to give up called hh today and will be sending the ar635 back for testing.

Garry from HH uk was quite helpfull, so hopefully ill have a working plane soon
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:52 AM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldf View Post
I got kind of a kick out of the build videoHere The only thing he really did wrong was to put the landing gear on backwards.

Quite the Maiden as well.

Regarding the clear hatch, he states In that video: "It's clear so it enables the gyro to work effectively. It has to be clear so the gyro can see what's going on around it and make adjustments accordingly."

Is that true? Is there an optical sensor on the AR635?

I get the feeling this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:04 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringdreamer View Post
Regarding the clear hatch, he states In that video: "It's clear so it enables the gyro to work effectively. It has to be clear so the gyro can see what's going on around it and make adjustments accordingly."

Is that true? Is there an optical sensor on the AR635?

No. AS3X is a 3-axis gyro-based damping system. It doesn't use optical sensors or accelerometers. It is physically impossible for the system to 'see' anything besides the information sent from the 3-axis gyro.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Feb 13, 2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:29 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Surely the only reason the radio bay hatch is clear is so you can see the lights flashing to check your hitting the right modes and the like.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Sep 2011
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringdreamer View Post
He definitely doesn't know what he's talking about.
Mugen4Lfe is offline Find More Posts by Mugen4Lfe
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:36 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2010
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Surely the only reason the radio bay hatch is clear is so you can see the lights flashing to check your hitting the right modes and the like.
What? You mean yours is missing the itsy bitsy TV?
rlongenecker is offline Find More Posts by rlongenecker
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Cologne
Joined Mar 2012
548 Posts
I am not a 3D expert. Flew the visionaire for the third time today, first time in acceptable conditions. From my point of view, the AS 3X system helps when doing hovers, torque rolls, waterfalls. It seems to give me more time to react. I find these manoeuvers easier to do than with my Parkmaster. Only in rolling manoeuvers and knive edge flight it feels a bit strange.
Thomas B. is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:41 PM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
221 Posts
I have flown my VA for over a week now . No problems at all , Love this aircraft.

Although I can't seem to access any programs in the reciever. I do have sport and 3d modes.
I center my throttle , turn on the Tx, hold sticks in required position, then get someone to connect battery.
Is this the right sequence to enter the programing?

Maybe I am doing it wrong. Trying to hold the sticks with one hand and trying to connect the battery with the other is difficult.

Cheers
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:27 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
895 Posts
..did you download the AR635 manual ?- I did it but not study it up to now- first of all I will try the stock gain setup- if it works fine I will not play with the gains.
-
Are they any benefit with other props ? Read something about a APC 12x6 but don't know if it burned the ESC ?
Hope I can go out next weekend with my Visionaire
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count