HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
490 Posts
Discussion
Specktrum Receivers

Can anyone tell me the approximate altitude comparison to the ground range check of 80-90 feet on the Spektrum DX6i? Was just curious. Also, I have received a clone Spektrum 6100e microlite parkflyer receiver from a friend of mine that range checks at approximately 70-80 feet. Would you think using this receiver in a larger EPO aircraft such as the Dynam DC3 or Cessna 310 would be OK? Just looking for moral support as I am still kind of green on all of this stuff. Thank you in advance for your help.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:43 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,648 Posts
The AR6100e is a park flyer range receiver, how far does that mean??????????
You will get multiple varying answers on this one.

If you really want to know get a buddy and do a full range test. I did this once with my brother and felt really good about the results and the results were I would not see the model any more before losing control of it (full range rx)

Doing it this way will show you first hand how far you can or can not fly.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,776 Posts
trying to make a full range rx out of a device designed for a few hundred yards will, I am certain, continue to be a question amongst new users .
This why Spektrum does not warranty use of any of these aftermarket rx.
best bet - do range check on your budget rx - if it works it works - but it was not intended fo use in other than small field flying.
Yer on yer own
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson