HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:14 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Coreman - I don't think you actually have to re-bind. We have the same issue w/ the mig. Simply replug the battery a couple of times and it will eventually find the signal. Keep the plane a good 5 or so feet from the TX. See if it works for the Spit like it does for the Mig.
interesting. I wonder if it's just the AS3X Rxs as I've never had any problems with my other UM all the way back to the Ember and 4-Site
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RA Cores Yak 55 Review
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:22 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,166 Posts
I just slid in the battery (stock) and had it more the the rear of the battery slot, can't move it too much really... she flew great. When I use the Hyp 160's it takes the entire slot, snug fit, can't move it at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws74c3 View Post
Could I at least get a couple of you guys to measure your Spitfires's CG to let me know if mine is way off?
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:26 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,166 Posts
Hi Carl, that's just a bone stock ParkZone UM P-51 that I repainted and used some "Gunfighter" decals from Callie Graphics

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfossa View Post
What model is the P-51 Mustang in the back left of your photo?

Carl
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:31 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the subtrim guys. I USUALLY read the manual, but I kinda skimmed through it on this one. 70% low rates, 100% high rates, 95% servo travel, seems to be what people recommend.
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:32 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,166 Posts
on the binding situation... I have in fact noticed from the very first flight, that with the Tx freshly booted up, insert a lipo into the Spit, then wait.... and wait... for what seems like 5x longer then any other UM I've flown, before it binds to the rx... kinda weird... I attributed it to the AS3X technology but I dont have a clue as to why it has such a delayed connection process compared to the non-AS3X planes

anybody else notice that?

Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:55 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Huff -

first of all - great pic of you and the grandkids giving you the Spitfire. Hope my (someday) grandkids treat me as well!

There is definitely something about the new RX's causing the delay/non-binding. It's very common on the Mig and I think the other newer planes. A minor annoyance at worst, but they do NOT lose bind when flying - or at least there have been no reports on the Mig thread.

Can't wait to get one of these things. My keychain cam came today, as soon as I figure out how to operate it and acquire a Spit, I'll get some vid.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined May 2012
308 Posts
Quote:
Huff -

first of all - great pic of you and the grandkids giving you the Spitfire. Hope my (someday) grandkids treat me as well!

There is definitely something about the new RX's causing the delay/non-binding. It's very common on the Mig and I think the other newer planes. A minor annoyance at worst, but they do NOT lose bind when flying - or at least there have been no reports on the Mig thread.

Can't wait to get one of these things. My keychain cam came today, as soon as I figure out how to operate it and acquire a Spit, I'll get some vid.
Would that be a keychain 808 "car key" looking camera?
rcmaniac098202 is offline Find More Posts by rcmaniac098202
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:05 PM
Joined Mar 2008
519 Posts
Quote:
Coreman - I don't think you actually have to re-bind. We have the same issue w/ the mig. Simply replug the battery a couple of times and it will eventually find the signal. Keep the plane a good 5 or so feet from the TX. See if it works for the Spit like it does for the Mig.

Yep! im getting that to with my DX6i

Sometimes it takes me 3 battery replugs to bind to my Mig 15 . Then BINGO! no probs !

Im wondering if it has something to do with the AS3X gyros settling down on boot up.

So it not just me having bind problems on boot up on the AS3X brick

How Strange!!!!
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:18 PM
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post

Sometimes it takes me 3 battery replugs to bind to my Mig 15 . Then BINGO! no probs !

Im wondering if it has something to do with the AS3X gyros settling down on boot up.

How Strange!!!!
Misery loves company
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RA Cores Yak 55 Review
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:23 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Glad you guys liked the vids, took some more tonight.

Flight One
UM Spitfire 3 (2 min 23 sec)

Flight Two
UM Spitfire 4 (2 min 5 sec)

Flight Three
UM Spitfire 5 Short (0 min 53 sec)
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:24 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Another new video that got posted on Youtube recently. I like the live comment, the wind noise, and the fact that he is showing up some good stuff about the Spit. (And he is keeping it close...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayCVWHlVZi4
That's my video! Glad you like it! Got three more today.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:26 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Looks like Matt will give us all a very honest SX flight report.
Assembling his motor now.

rc
Thanks! Once it is here I will open her up and stick the new motor in. Hopefully get a flight report with the new motor before this next weekend. I need to get more of the newer Parkzone batteries as my older hyperions are triggering LVC way early.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:29 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Ultra micro home base

Finally made a short video

Parkzone Micro Spitfire Mark IX (5 min 28 sec)
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman View Post
just a quick question as I'm still working. one thing I noticed today was that I had to rebind the plane before all three flights. I have a JR8103dt with a Spektrum module in it. it binds and flies fine, but when i put in the next battery I have to rebind. Anyone else seeing that?
same issue with mine, and I throttle up my radio to 100% them plug in the plane lipo and within 2 seconds it good, throttle down and I'm ready to fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
Make sure you are not locating the Tx too close to the plane when binding or preparing to fly. Also ensure that the plane remains stable for at least 5 seconds after plugging in the lipo.
Gary

Quote:
we should not have to lay down our radios then walk to our plane to plug in a battery pack then go pickup our radios to fly..
not sure why this is on this plane...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
on the binding situation... I have in fact noticed from the very first flight, that with the Tx freshly booted up, insert a lipo into the Spit, then wait.... and wait... for what seems like 5x longer then any other UM I've flown, before it binds to the rx... kinda weird... I attributed it to the AS3X technology but I dont have a clue as to why it has such a delayed connection process compared to the non-AS3X planes

anybody else notice that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post

How Strange!!!!
not just you bro
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:11 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Thanks! Once it is here I will open her up and stick the new motor in. Hopefully get a flight report with the new motor before this next weekend. I need to get more of the newer Parkzone batteries as my older hyperions are triggering LVC way early.
Matt,

Your P-N-P SX motor is on the way.
Test run sounded excellent!
Because of Columbus Day, possible ETA of Thursday.
SX motors really perform on strong batts.

Enjoy,

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member