HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 02, 2011, 07:41 AM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Question
Not a charger question.

Here's the situation:

2 boys and myself, many 1s lipos for Champs and Ultra Micros. I don't see that changing for quite a while, we have an ideal spot in walking distance that won't support larger planes, plus we're having a blast with them. The Parkzone portable chargers are okay for us, we have enough of them and extra batteries that we are covered.

What I would like to get is something that will let me test the battery health and state of charge. Even better if it was a tool useful for testing motors, etc. as well.

I'm open to any suggestions, even if a better charger would be best in your opinion.

It's 1s' ranging from 150 12Cs to 240 25Cs that we use in nothing larger than a Parkzone UM for reference.
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2011, 02:09 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
i have not seen any battery testers for 1S
lots about that are 2S-6S
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6589

what about a cheap multimeter?
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Jul 03, 2011, 09:04 AM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Thanks lipo.

A multimeter is fine with me, I assume I could use that for a few different things. Any particular options I should look for?
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf
Old Jul 04, 2011, 12:43 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Depends what else you want to do with it. I'd just get a stock one that turns off if left unattended.

You could also make up special cable so you don't have to muck around with the probes
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer