SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:04 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman View Post
Itīs most definitely wired in series. The 18650 LiOn cells are 1,2 V and since USB is 5 V you need to connect the cells in series: 1.2V X 4=4.8V. The regulator probably step the voltage up .2V and also keep the voltage up until the cells are completely empty since the voltage normally drops with usage.

The capacity is depending of the LiOn, if they are say 1500 mAh each the pack will also have 1500 mAh. If you want 4 X 1500 mAh (5000 mAh) you connect the cells in parallel but then you would only have 1.2V.

Easiest way to get more capacity would in my opinion be to splice in a battery connector between the camera and the battery pack. This way you can have several batteries and as high mAh as you want!

LION's are 3.7-4.2v

Pack is parallel wired, so it stays 3.7-4.2v, and you add up all mah of batteries.

Has DC-DC booster to take it up to 5v for usb out connector.

Link to second one I showed takes 9v input to charge, which is right for the 2 paralleled cells.
RcNutDave is offline Find More Posts by RcNutDave
Last edited by RcNutDave; Jun 22, 2011 at 06:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:09 PM
Episyrphus balteatus
Sweden
Joined Dec 2008
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xamindar View Post
It's clearly made for AA batteries when it doesn't state such ANYWHERE in the link? Are you sure you are looking at the same ebay auction that was linked? It even states in the TITLE that it is for 18650 batteries.
Sorry...I edited my post when you wrote this. Itīs really late here i Sweden and I should have been in bed long time ago! I should also have checked the voltage on the LiOn...I withdraw all my previous statements and heads to bed!
Paxman is offline Find More Posts by Paxman
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:11 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxman View Post
Sorry...I edited my post when you wrote this. Itīs really late here i Sweden and I should have been in bed long time ago! I should also have checked the voltage on the LiOn...I withdraw all my previous statements and heads to bed!

I see you have been into the marmalade nectar again.
We understand. Don't forget to cork the jug!!!!
Goodnight Pax, sleep tight!!
Last edited by RcNutDave; Jun 22, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:19 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
I actually order 1 of each to test them out.

Anyone know of a software program that monitors usb power, (volts-amps) and displays onscreen?

Would be nice to monitor usb when charging all my keycams, watching volt/amp trends especially at cutoff.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:45 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcNutDave View Post
I actually order 1 of each to test them out.

Anyone know of a software program that monitors usb power, (volts-amps) and displays onscreen?

Would be nice to monitor usb when charging all my keycams, watching volt/amp trends especially at cutoff.
The only way of monitoring the camera battery voltage/current is to cut in to the camera battery wire with something like the Eagletree charger monitor, and even that will be affected by the protection circuit fitted INSIDE the battery itself.
Monitoring the 'USB' voltage and current will not tell you what is happening because there is a Lipo (lion) charge controller chip on the camera PCB.
To emulate a USB supply, the power supply should give 5v, but the lions only give 3-4.2 volts, so there is a step up circuit with unknown regulation characteristics - nightmare scenario time as we don't know how much current the camera itself is using - internal clock is always 'on' , and what mode is the camera in?
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Last edited by empeabee; Jun 22, 2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: clarification
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Oct 2009
226 Posts
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
Which is probably the best software for editing videos, for best results (don't care if it's payable? (I read all from post #3 : Video Editing)

many thanks
HEY reptor.
I use COREL VIDEO STUDIO PRO X2.
Works perfectly with the files from #11,s, and lots of features.
Make sure to check if your computer is compatible.
The latest version is X4.
Watch on line at the Corel site for sales.

RUD
RUDDERLESS is offline Find More Posts by RUDDERLESS
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:42 PM
TREES!!! Ouch!!!
Mexico, BC
Joined Jun 2009
1,979 Posts
im not sure if i posted this but the whole thing was shot using the #11 hd keychain cam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AwPiLdxfB4 and was edited using X4
ROCKY2 is offline Find More Posts by ROCKY2
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:07 PM
United States, WA, La Center
Joined Apr 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn View Post
Why such a mount? Do your video's vibrate to much?

I use my camera's on my velomobile (recumbent tricycle with fairing). My camera's are placed directly on the fairing (okay, I made a pad with 2 magnets which sticks to the fairing and the camera sits on the pad with velcro). I expected a lot of vibrations because of the road surface but non of that.

(there is movement from side to side because of me using my legs to pedal but you need a very large mount to get that movement out of the movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceQA6NSwcBs

Some pictures can be found here:
http://velomobielfan.blogspot.com/20...-monteren.html
WOW, how do you guys deal with words like "schokbestendigheid"? Holy shyte!
rwingvr6 is offline Find More Posts by rwingvr6
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
USA, CA, San Diego 92120
Joined Oct 2007
3,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn View Post
.. pictures of the finished bike:

http://velomobielfan.blogspot.com/20...hem-quemo.html

Thanks for the detailed explanation on the continuous record set up.. .. and wow is that ever a cool looking bike.. i bet it turns a lot of heads. We have .. or perhaps I should say, we did have a lot of clown fish here in San Diego.. JimS
jims123 is offline Find More Posts by jims123
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:36 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
To emulate a USB supply, the power supply should give 5v, but the lions only give 3-4.2 volts, so there is a step up circuit with unknown regulation characteristics - nightmare scenario time as we don't know how much current the camera itself is using - internal clock is always 'on' , and what mode is the camera in?
Mike

Thats exactly why I'm looking for some kind of USB monitoring program.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:59 PM
SLO Flyer
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2003
98 Posts
Empeabee,

The easiest way to emulate a USB power supply is with one of these:

1.5V to 5V USB Power Inverter

Even though it says 1.5V, it will actually take anywhere from 1.2V to 4.5V DC and provide a stable 5V DC at 300mA (up to 0.5A max) to a USB port.

Jaybee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Mike
Jaybee is offline Find More Posts by Jaybee
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:06 PM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Empeabee,

The easiest way to emulate a USB power supply is with one of these:

1.5V to 5V USB Power Inverter

Even though it says 1.5V, it will actually take anywhere from 1.2V to 4.5V DC and provide a stable 5V DC at 300mA (up to 0.5A max) to a USB port.

Jaybee!
Already have emulaters, looking for a USB Monitor Program to monitor voltage and amperage from-to USB port.

Read my post 4909
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:17 PM
SLO Flyer
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2003
98 Posts
Ah, got it.

I just noticed your other post about wishing to know the 'on' and standby current.

(I shall read up some more before replying next time.)

Jaybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcNutDave View Post
Already have emulaters, looking for a USB Monitor Program to monitor voltage and amperage from-to USB port.

Read my post 4909
Jaybee is offline Find More Posts by Jaybee
Old Jun 23, 2011, 02:17 AM
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY2 View Post
im not sure if i posted this but the whole thing was shot using the #11 hd keychain cam http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AwPiLdxfB4 and was edited using X4
Excellent Plane made out of cardboard???
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
Old Jun 23, 2011, 03:14 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUDDERLESS View Post
HEY reptor.
I use COREL VIDEO STUDIO PRO X2.
Works perfectly with the files from #11,s, and lots of features.
Make sure to check if your computer is compatible.
The latest version is X4.
Watch on line at the Corel site for sales.

RUD
Thanks I will try when I get it
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Closed Thread