HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:08 AM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,043 Posts
[QUOTE=Cheese5;20893922]Maybe the rudder is off (or the tail is warped?) That's weird, are your throws set to max? Try flying it again, maybe the problem will go away (it might have been the wind that day)[/QUOTE

I just realized something. I didn't pay attention as to what hole the aileron control rod is attached to the aileron servo. (The rod that is between the aileron servo and bellcrank.) THAT would make a difference. HUGE!! Lemme check that!

Thanks!!

Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:25 AM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,043 Posts
Well Cheese, You put me on the right track. Kudos!! I looked at the manual again and I found that the throws for the ailerons are not what they should be. The manual says that the plane comes as I had it set up. But this can't be so because I wasn't getting the correct throw. The manual goes on to say that for more throw move the rod to the inner hole on the bellcrank. Which I did. But the measurement for the throw is marginal. The manual states 7mm (+ or - 1) at high rates. I'm getting about 5-6. Closer but not where I'd like it. 8 or 9 would be nicer. What I can not determine for sure is which hole the rod is supposed to be on the servo. Has anyone noticed? Or can someone who has had their plane opened take a look for me? You can not see which one it's in by looking at the manual.

Thanks,

Dave
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:55 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,851 Posts
On the servo? Middle hole. Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
On the servo? Middle hole. Lee
Middle hole Lee...

Thanks buddy!!

Dave
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:30 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,851 Posts
Your welcome Dave. Now, where that controll rod connects to the bell crank, innermost hole. In other words the inboard hole. For the most possible travel. Lee
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:31 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,043 Posts
One more thing

Just one more thing.. Is it me or are these 150mah Eflite batteries garbage? Mine seem to go flat very quickly. I've been through about 10 of these things and they don't seem to last very long. I'm using the 4 port charger on AC and they last about 2 minutes after just a few cycles.

Dave
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:23 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,851 Posts
First you should turn down the pot's on that charger to get more life out of those batts. Secound get some 190mah MiniAviation batts. See my other thread alert on them. Tomorrow is the last chance to get them with free shipping.
Lee
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:19 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaught View Post
Just one more thing.. Is it me or are these 150mah Eflite batteries garbage? Mine seem to go flat very quickly. I've been through about 10 of these things and they don't seem to last very long. I'm using the 4 port charger on AC and they last about 2 minutes after just a few cycles.

Dave
Glad I can help.

Maybe you are overdischarging them? But they(eflite 1s lipos) really are garbage. They aren't the best batteries, even the HK $1.50 160mah nanotechs are better (last long more power). Try some thunderpower 160mahs heard they were good (hyperion 160mah are also great). Worth the price. But if you want to go cheap you can sped the same amount of money on nanotechs from HK, you can get quite a few and that'll keep your mustang in the air for a while (and cheap)
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Mar 01, 2012, 09:46 AM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,043 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys!! I'll have to look into turning down the pots in that charger. Didn't know you could...

So far the weather has been giving me the finger as far as flying micros. It's been a challenge to get my full sized T-28D up and back on the ground in one piece... 20 MPH gusts today. I'm heading to SC tomorrow to visit Mom. I'm bringing a ton of my gear with me so I can fly at my old fields. HOPEFULLY I'll have good weather one day to test my UM P-51. I'm going to go to my old LHS to grab some good batts for my UM's. Love that place!! It's like Christmas walking in there. (See my blog entry about HC and you'll see why)..

Cheers!!

Dave
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:12 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,851 Posts
Hi Dave. First let me say "thank you" for your service. And atta boy! For supporting your LHS's. haha, good job.

Now, on the celectra four point charger, there are four non-slip buttons on the bottom. Pry these off as carefull as you wish. I like to re-install mine when finished. That will reveal four phillips head screws. Remove them. Now carefull open it up. You will notice four (white) dials (pots). With a flat head turn them all the way CCW and then back just a hair. Now reassemble. You can leave as many as ya want in there stock position. Just remember to use the lowered ones on stock batts. And the others in case you get some quality batts like hyperions or MiniAviations. Lee
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:12 PM
AAces High
Joined Feb 2009
2,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hi Dave. First let me say "thank you" for your service. And atta boy! For supporting your LHS's. haha, good job.

Now, on the celectra four point charger, there are four non-slip buttons on the bottom. Pry these off as carefull as you wish. I like to re-install mine when finished. That will reveal four phillips head screws. Remove them. Now carefull open it up. You will notice four (white) dials (pots). With a flat head turn them all the way CCW and then back just a hair. Now reassemble. You can leave as many as ya want in there stock position. Just remember to use the lowered ones on stock batts. And the others in case you get some quality batts like hyperions or MiniAviations. Lee
You ROCK!! I'll try this when I get back from SC.

Thanks Lee!!

Dave
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:54 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,851 Posts
Your most welcome Dave. By the way, check out our off topic champ thread if you ever want to meet some really great guys. Your welcome to join our campfire anytime you like. Happy Flyin.
Lee
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,894 Posts
I have found that all the small Eflite batteries do not last long unless you store charge them. Then they seem to last and hold better voltage under power.

I have junked a lot of Eflite (and other brand) Lipos until I STOPPED storing them charged.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:06 PM
Pineville, LA
Joined Dec 2006
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
I have found that all the small Eflite batteries do not last long unless you store charge them. Then they seem to last and hold better voltage under power.

I have junked a lot of Eflite (and other brand) Lipos until I STOPPED storing them charged.
It's soooo hard to not store them charged so they'll be ready to go the next time there's a non-windy day.
robgau is offline Find More Posts by robgau
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:18 AM
Foam Newbie
Melbourne, FL
Joined Sep 2010
364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaught View Post

Dave
Try some higher discharge batteries. I recommend Turnigy nanotechs 25-35c. The eflite lipos are rated at 15c. The p51 components seem to use more power than my other micro bnfs (champ, etc) as they have no problem with the eflite lipos. Once I picked up some higher discharge (and cheaper than eflites at the LHS) the Mustang was ripping up the sky.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Jefte is offline Find More Posts by Jefte
Last edited by Jefte; Mar 07, 2012 at 09:27 AM.