HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:14 PM
Joined Feb 2007
341 Posts
Discussion
Fast Lane Shadow Caster: Any good in the wind?

Toys R Us has marked these down to $30. Just wondering if anybody has any experience flying these on windy days? Worth it for $30 or not?
flightsuit is offline Find More Posts by flightsuit
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:34 PM
USA, FL,
Joined Dec 2008
329 Posts
read the reviews on the toys R us sight
Driggs is offline Find More Posts by Driggs
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
Joined Feb 2007
341 Posts
Those are some very grim reviews, thought none of them address my question regarding wind-worthiness, mainly 'cause the reviewers couldn't even keep the things in the air long enough to find out how they handled the wind!

I don't always trust reviews on sites like TRU's, though, 'cause it's not uncommon for complete dummies do give scathing reviews to perfectly good planes and helis which didn't live up to their unreasonable expectations, and which they can't fly because they don't know how to follow directions.

But in the case of the Shadow Caster, it's on the site in two different iterations (different color schemes) and both of them have nothing but negative reviews, so that's saying something.

Oh well. I'm glad I didn't gamble my thirty bucks when I was at the store earlier today.
flightsuit is offline Find More Posts by flightsuit
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:30 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
940 Posts
Not worth it! Will it fly....yeah barely. But it does indeed fly. Has a GWS EDF 40 stuck inthere and is heavy as Will only fly w/power applied and won't glide at all with out power. Sorta powered glider . I got a few circuits w/mine but thats it. Saved the gear for one of those frankenplane moments. . But unless your just want to get some gear w/bang bang rudder controls to play around with, look elsewhere!
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE