HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2015, 05:22 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NC, Walkertown
Joined Dec 2014
28 Posts
Discussion
Syma 107g & 109g

I may be new to flight, but I still hold some opinions. I own a fleet of Syma 3/3.5 channels and absolutely love them all! This discussion will be my comparison of the 107g and the 109g Apache indoor.

First off, I love both of these helicopter models in their own rights. Both have great handling and are ridiculously stable right out of the box, with both models being RTF. For a first time purchase of a three-channel I would go with the 107g due solely to the metal body and landing skids, which are designed for taking a beating. The 109g not so much because of the complete plastic body and small, fixed plastic wheels for landing on. Basically, wait to get the 109g until you can land the 107g with ease. You don't need grace yet, just ease.

The 107g is the perfect beginner helicopter for an indoor, period. There isn't a cheaper-priced, quality made intro product out there with replaceable parts like this anywhere. I love to tell people that I started out with this one, but the sad truth is my first and, as a direct result, almost my last venture into the RC world was the dreaded AH axis 200. It was disgusting, but then I found rcgroups.com and everything got better.

I have three 107g's and one apache. A 2014 yellow, a 2014 blue, and a 2012 Red White and Blue edition. The Apache is regular military green. Now, once you can fly the 107g with relative ease buy the Apache! It looks super cool, comes with the same controller, and is primarily the same helicopter with a more fragile body. Honestly, I think the lack of metal makes the 109g a bit faster. My all time, top-ranking, #1 favorite helicopter is the AH-64 Apache; giving the 109g a special place in my heart and slight advantage over the 107.

Just like the 107g the 109g handles like a champ. The coolness factor this thing has while chopping the air is superb due to the the missles and LED lights on either side of the copter. Flight time is about the same on both; I do not recommend flying more than 7-8 minutes. DO NOT wait for the helicopters to drop in altitude before charging them or you risk serious damage to the lipos inside.

Either way you go, you're going to be happy with these little guys for fun, safe, indoor enjoyment. The 107g is the best starter heli on the market, and the 109g Apache is just cool looking. Both are stable indoor flyers that get no complaints from me. Thanks for reading!
clawrence86 is offline Find More Posts by clawrence86
to remove ads between posts