New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2015, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by rob737
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,461 Posts
thanks, mr. sovrin. I would have just ordered the parts from tower buy I have not seen them in stock. hoping multiplex can send them directly.

on the same note, I recently bought a new flyzone beaver to replace my first one. it came with a badly warped wing. I sent a picture of this to tower and called a few minutes later. three days later I received a complete wing set (2), with lights and servos installed. incredible customer service!

rob
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2015, 04:14 PM
Find More Posts by MartinT
Joined Mar 2006
500 Posts
Got mine yesterday,
prepped it for flight with tundra tires (8cm diameter) and the largest tailwheel that would fit. (Had to beltsand it down to fit anyway)
Widened the gear a bit, whitened the wingstruts (with white tape, as I had no white heatshrink), put a divider on the windshield and used a Hobbyking servo reverser for the left flap. (works great!)
Receiver is a 6ch Orange velcroed to the side of the fuse at the servo cavity
And to top it of there's this b1tch inside giving everybody the finger

Charged 3 batts, first flight low cell warning (Quanum remote unit, very handy!) came on right after takeoff! So immediately landed 40% flaps and deployed full flaps about 3 feet up in the air, plane came down like it was in an elevator, aggressive full aft stick prevented a hard landing. (but just!)

Changed battery, Second flight here we go, now cell low warning after about 30 seconds in flight! Again short pattern, when on final had to abort as there was a car almost overtaking it while trying to land. (I use the road in front of my house (in a rural area) as a runway. Landed with 40% flaps.

Changed battery, 3rd flight. Off we go and....ooh no low batt warning again! Landed 40% flaps. That was it for the day.

2 of the Lipos are less than a year old and not much used at all... (I have them on a disch and balance cycle now, so hopefully I can resurrect them...)

Anyway the aircraft and thus the flights where fun while they lasted!

This is my first Multiplex, and I must say the quality is AWESOME! everyrhing well packaged, the model is well designed (well apart from the gear loooking at the problems people have with it...(I ordered a spare when I ordered the plane, just to be prepared...) the decals are straight, I like it al lot!

Them tundra tires look the part! wrapped the wingstrut with white narrow stickertape to enhance the look

Took quite some effort to get her in there, maybe that's why she's giving me the finger

Anyway Multiplex has a winner on their hands! (I'm even thinking of getting the blue one as well, just because! But then again, it's another 200 euros out of the pocket so I think I'll hold it off...got to be strong...
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Jun 25, 2015, 04:47 PM
Find More Posts by Sovrin
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob737 View Post
thanks, mr. sovrin. I would have just ordered the parts from tower buy I have not seen them in stock. hoping multiplex can send them directly.

on the same note, I recently bought a new flyzone beaver to replace my first one. it came with a badly warped wing. I sent a picture of this to tower and called a few minutes later. three days later I received a complete wing set (2), with lights and servos installed. incredible customer service!

rob
agree Tower has good service also, they have been around for 40+ years in RC business, remember when i was 10 years old ordering from them and im 50 now.
Sovrin is online now Find More Posts by Sovrin
Old Jun 25, 2015, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by The Jackalope
Aimin at the ground an missing
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2014
488 Posts
The B2-H4 version of the Porter has an improved wing design which is described as an extended and upturned wingtip. This adds both a winglet to lower stall speed, and a little bit of dihedral to improve tip stall tendencies

My question is, did this increase the overall wingspan of the Porter, or did they shorten the wing length when they added the winglets, keeping the stated wingspan the same as the original?

The point here is, if I do this to my multiplex Porter, do I add winglets to the existing wing, or do I clip the wings down first, and then add the winglets, maintaining the same wingspan? She allready has a massive wingspan and a short coupled tail, leading to plenty of adverse yaw in the turns.

The interwebs couldn't answer my question, so I'm asking you guys. Anyone know?
The Jackalope is online now Find More Posts by The Jackalope
Old Jun 27, 2015, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by ripacheco
rip
United States, FL, Niceville
Joined Jan 2013
2,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
Got mine yesterday,
Anyway Multiplex has a winner on their hands! (I'm even thinking of getting the blue one as well, just because! But then again, it's another 200 euros out of the pocket so I think I'll hold it off...got to be strong...
Be extra careful with the landing gear... breaks so easily...
ripacheco is online now Find More Posts by ripacheco
Old Jun 28, 2015, 07:04 AM
Find More Posts by MartinT
Joined Mar 2006
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripacheco View Post
Be extra careful with the landing gear... breaks so easily...
Thanks for the heads up, but I got myself some "insurance"... I ordered the replacement landinggear kit as well when I bought the red one. So the gear will most likely not break.
Like when we moved to a rural area 3 years ago, I bought a real heavy duty combustion engine powered snowplough. All my friends can't stop making fun of the fact that it has not been used once and just sitting in my garage for the past three years. But what they fail to grasp is the fact that I had no need to use it, so this was actually the best insurance against heavy snowfall.
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Jun 28, 2015, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by Sovrin
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
563 Posts
Guys today had 3 successful flights with the Pilatus, has anyone had a binding issue with the rudder, couldn't get the rudder centered, i have tried 2 different mini servos and still a issue, could it be binding somewhere not servo related??
any advise thanked
Sovrin is online now Find More Posts by Sovrin
Old Jun 28, 2015, 08:38 PM
Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Gravity is weak but persistant
United States, NY, Port Crane
Joined Aug 2009
553 Posts
I had a centering issue but it was because the screw bottomed out that holds the connector to the servo arm. The EZ-Connector was flopping loose on the servo arm. The rudder wouldn't return consistantly to neutral.

I pulled it and reversed the bolts - and filed a bit off the one that bolts the unit to the servo arm. And LocTited both.
Charlie P (NY) is offline Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)