Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
yancovitch is offline Find More Posts by yancovitch
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:51 PM
belgium,limburg
Joined Sep 2009
380 Posts
vic, i thought that your boat come in the modelshipwright 2013.

that is the way for saling it.
lucc is offline Find More Posts by lucc
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
yes lucc...i forgot about that....i think it will simply be called shipwright.....they are having a few hassles about publishing it, but i hope they get it worked out...the assistant editor, jean, is a wonderful lady and extremely knowledgeable about ships, and has written books.....
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:06 AM
Wasserkuppe wannabe
Central coast NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2006
108 Posts
May I just re iterate what has been said earlier. MORE VIDEO PLEASE!!

Victor ,your work is amazing.

It's a pity however as you said earlier in one of your comments that people don,t even notice. I know that if your models were in my local pond there would be some people who would'nt look twice. Almost makes me mad. Yet these same people get excited over some one hit wonder from some crappy tv talent show. Vic you epitomise the creativity that we all on this site aspire to and that our society pretty much ignores. We need more of your brand of talent in the world. I suppose I just get frustrated when its the same "type" of "creativity" on tv all the time. Just another rock band or singer and everyone gets so excited over it. Or some pointless Korean guy with a stupid dance but talent like Vic's gets no attention.

Keep inspiring us Vic, where all blown away.

I"ll shut up now.

Dave
D Hughes is offline Find More Posts by D Hughes
Last edited by D Hughes; Jan 22, 2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:45 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,132 Posts
Brilliant :

Sailing Ships at Navy Days 2010 (6 min 10 sec)
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:43 AM
Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
thank you dave for those heartfelt kind words...for someone with extremely low self esteem, it's very reassuring.....in spite of my physical, mental and emotional handicaps all my life, i give myself credit for trying to make it better, with God's grace......especially regarding playing the piano....finally i can play the fantasy impromptu with reasonable fluidity...took me 71 years, trying to repair internal damage, getting my fingers to work properly...so for the first time in my life, i'm starting to feel ok about myself and am calm and at peace
and that's an entertaining video kusun..... fun to see them try that without motors.....a lot of work went into creating that.....masts falling ...that was a surprise .......
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
ok...........a friend of my wife at church works with an auctioneer and has offered to help me sell it, taking only a small percentage, and not going below $8000...he even would transport it free....so i'll bring it there on monday and we'll see what happens over the next month.....i took out all the radio gear etc. cause i'm 95% sure it will be used only for display........
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:59 PM
United States, MN, Brainerd
Joined Oct 2004
2,374 Posts
Wish you could enjoy sailing it vs selling it. A real masterpiece. Also wish I could buy it - but couldn't in a million years afford to pay you what I think it's worth.
Best of luck!
DanL is offline Find More Posts by DanL
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:01 AM
Joined Aug 2006
364 Posts
That is a real heartbreaker to hear you want to sell your Royal William! She is an incredible accomplishment, and deserves a special place in a public display such as a museum! I also hope this is not your last project that we can observe. Yankovitch, I hope you do not disappear from these forums if you do sell her.
beneteau3 is offline Find More Posts by beneteau3
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
can't get away from this forum...too attached.....and the people so great.....it's my main internet attachment.....the only other ...simviation......have totally lost interest in building anything, nor do i have the strength........at 72, i'm drawn to reducing my outer attachments to the basics, and spend more time in introspection, self analysis, prayer, and meditation, preparing for my transition into the beyond.....ooooh....sounds spooky!....but it's really a matter of the heart...where it's drawn......the only outer thing i hang on to, is practicing the piano.....spent all my life playing, but not really in control due to various problems in youth.....i could practice for hours..weeks...months...years ....and still not be able to play a piece properly....but this past year i finally figured how to correct this and can now play a piece with control in a short period of time...so it is a healthy thing for me, and not only an outer but an inner healing for me, as long as the body holds out would be nice too play somewhere again, but in the age of lady gaga, who wants an old fart playing sweet meaningful serious music......
anyways, technique is important, no matter what we do....even building boats, i had little technique...just trial and error, as i have before mentioned, like everything in my life, and when i see people here who have a good technique in building, i'm thrilled to watch their pages unfold.......sorry for the expose...this is the only place i tend to occasionally unload
shipwright should be coming out beginning of may....i think my friend, lucian, the modeler at our maritime museum, (with great technique ) may have one of his models included in this issue too.....
still enjoying all the builds here....much fun.......
Old Apr 23, 2013, 02:37 PM
Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
oh...what the heck.......might as well show a photo after i placed ship in auction house gallery....we'll see if there are any nibbles over the next month or so...sure looks better there than in my garage........cheers......
Old Apr 23, 2013, 03:24 PM
belgium,limburg
Joined Sep 2009
380 Posts
Beautiful work and picture.
lucc is offline Find More Posts by lucc
Old Apr 23, 2013, 05:26 PM
vancouver,B.C
Joined Apr 2008
348 Posts
. Hi Vic. Selling your masterpiece I see. Well at least you will have your workspace back when you decide to build something else. 8 thou is not much for such a masterpiece. After having personally invited to see the William, I figured its value around 80 thou.Somebody with some cash will be getting a steal of a deal and unfortunately it wont be me.If I didn`t have my real boat ( money pit ) I could possibly afford it. Good Luck Vic. Josh
Willj is offline Find More Posts by Willj
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:00 PM
Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
thanks for the best wishes....maybe the amount it sells for will be directly proportionate to the amount of respect my wife will have for me .......but i think she has modest expectations...so i shouldn't have to worry
i think that the shipwright book will be coming out on june 6.....
Last edited by yancovitch; Apr 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:40 PM
Joined Oct 2006
822 Posts
didn't want to post anything and place myself up near the top, as i'm now old news , but i thought i'd mention that i was interviewed and video'd by 4 tv stations and ship was shown, ...didn't know i sounded so raspy..........the vancouver province newspaper kinda mucked it up, but what the heck, it's something.....may help to sell it.....but i'm at peace and not holding my breath .....oh...just got a call from a friend who said he knows someone on vancouver island, who wants to bid on it....so there's hope...the auction is on wed. june 19th......guess i'll go...never been to an auction.....let you know what happens
Last edited by yancovitch; Jun 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM.