HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2014, 09:49 PM
Austin, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
177 Posts
Discussion
HiSky X-6S Transmitter Setup for V922

So I am trying to setup my HiSky X-6S with the WLtoys v922 and I am having trouble.

From what I can tell the 'F100' model on the X-6S should be the HCP100/v922 and indeed it does bind with my v922. The cyclic controls are working properly but I am seeing some odd behavior with the pitch and throttle hold.

On my v922 with the stock transmitter hitting throttle hold has no effect on the the blade pitch (it is still controlled by the left stick position). But when I use the X-6S and hit throttle hold the pitch changes to full negative no matter the left stick position.

Does anyone know if the 'F100' is the proper model to use for the v922?

Or better yet have a listing of the proper settings for the X-6S and the v922?

Any thoughts on this odd throttle hold behavior?

Thanks,
Grisnjam is offline Find More Posts by Grisnjam
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2014, 04:28 AM
Joined Dec 2013
127 Posts
Throttle hold has its own pitch curve which you can setup in the menu. Just go into the pitch curve menu, click the throttle hold switch and you will see it.

In my X6S the throttle hold pitch curve for F100 preset is a normal linear one (0,25,50,75,100).
snrubb is offline Find More Posts by snrubb
Old May 13, 2014, 08:50 AM
Austin, Tx
Joined Oct 2002
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snrubb View Post
Throttle hold has its own pitch curve which you can setup in the menu. Just go into the pitch curve menu, click the throttle hold switch and you will see it.

In my X6S the throttle hold pitch curve for F100 preset is a normal linear one (0,25,50,75,100).
Ah! Now it all makes sense.

First thing I did was put throttle hold on to check the pitch curve in idle up and, to my surprise, hitting throttle hold caused the pitch to jump full negative and the idle up switch had no effect on pitch.

It makes sense to have the curve be the same as idle up since that is the mode I will be in when I need to hit throttle hold I do wish there was an option for throttle hold to just use the curve of the mode it is in.

Thanks for your help.
Grisnjam is offline Find More Posts by Grisnjam
Old Aug 08, 2014, 10:37 AM
Joined Apr 2014
8 Posts
I think the FB80 setting is best for the V922/HCP100. The FB80 I think refers to the original name FBL80 which is now called the HCP80. I have the HCP100 and with the FB80 setting the swash plate seems to do all the right things and the heli flies OK (well at least I can keep it hovering for about a minute! Still learning.). When on F100 lots of of the channels are reversed and the swash mixes are all different. When I use that the aileron and elevator seem to work correctly but when you increase the throttle two servos go up and one (the rear one) goes down. I think they should all go up together keeping the swash plate level.
My X-6S is the newer one with exp settings and I can't find a throttle hold pitch curve - just a single setting which is -18% as default.
brassing is offline Find More Posts by brassing