Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 12, 2013, 07:15 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,638 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Whether I'd pay the same $ amount as I would from a retail shop is not relivant to the item being considered "new" still
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2013, 07:17 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
"Really? In this hobby? No way ! If an item retailed for $300.00 at the shop, someone then bought it, never "used" it and 6 months later sold it, you would pay them $300.00 for it ? If so you are one in a million. Once it leaves the store it's not "new" anymore. "

guess you haven't seen the ads lately for the deuces wild arfs. retailed for 169 or so, selling for $400-600.

just because it leaves the store doesn't mean it's used. that's just silly. it's not a car being driven off a lot. it's a boxed up new item. only a pedantic interpretation of new/used would arrive at that conclusion.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1823161

was that item "used" because it wasn't sitting on a shelf in a store?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:28 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,894 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Yep, no matter how you dress it up it's still second-hand and USED. 50-60 cents on the dollar for this stuff after it leaves the store. If someone wants to pay triple for it because they think it's collectable or desirable then more power to them. It's still second-hand !
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:14 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Feb 2010
67 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
So you could say that when the manufacturer boxes the product, then sends it to the distributor,first sale, then to the retailer, second buyer, then to the individual, third buyer, and on to rcgroups classified, fourth buyer, it is definitely used. I didn't know I've been buying used for years!!
chriscat is offline Find More Posts by chriscat
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:19 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,894 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
Everyone is free to look at it and spin it anyway they want !
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:41 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Feb 2010
67 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
This is one of these opinions that we can agree to disagree. I will admit that I use the classifieds here to buy for less than retail, new or not. I look at it as a garage sale.
chriscat is offline Find More Posts by chriscat
Old Oct 12, 2013, 09:14 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,542 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinwalenda View Post
Yep, no matter how you dress it up it's still second-hand and USED. 50-60 cents on the dollar for this stuff after it leaves the store. If someone wants to pay triple for it because they think it's collectable or desirable then more power to them. It's still second-hand !
Just can't agree with that at all....Definitely a market for it....Every aspect of anything bought out there...If you bought something new..never touched it....and you say .50 to .60 on the dollar...Nah... Not here in S. W. Missouri...We only call second hand when its been bought then used.....that's what second hand, means round here...

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:47 PM
List too Big for a Bucket!
USA, NJ, Stewartsville
Joined Jul 2010
416 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
If you have an item in the box for tens years and have never put it into service, then it is NOS (New Old Stock). If you use it even for ten seconds...then it is used...state it as such. If you buy an item from a retailer, but decide to sell it before use, then it is not used. Sure you might not be able to resell it for what you paid because you can't warranty the item, but that doesn't mean it is not new. State the facts and no one will complain. Hide them, and end up here as the subject of a complaint thread.
ww2collector is offline Find More Posts by ww2collector
Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:54 AM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,638 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
ww2collector +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscat View Post
This is one of these opinions that we can agree to disagree. I will admit that I use the classifieds here to buy for less than retail, new or not. I look at it as a garage sale.
Of course,, that's the point of shopping here,, We all look for a bargain.. I've bought NIB (unused) items from neighborhood Garage sales many times.

Venue had no relevance to the fact of whether an Item is used or new,, no spin necessary, those are just facts our language defines. The problems come into play when people use the language to Spin an items condition to appear more valuable. New is New, Used is Used and BS is BS. Up to each buyer to determine what the are getting
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only