HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2013, 05:15 PM
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Aug 2012
453 Posts
Help!
Can you identify this Chipmunk?

I picked up this guy at an auction. Really bought it for the engine and electronics as it will be my first gasser--dle20 which looks great. The airframe has surely seen better days, but will definitely be airworthy with some repairs. I'd like to do a bunch of recovering to get this plane looking sharp again, and would like to find a new set of decals for it. It sure looks like an ARF to me, but can anyone tell me who might have manufactured this plane? I'll add some more pics tonight and include the wing and dimensions.

Thanks for any info....
arik434 is online now Find More Posts by arik434
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined May 2011
78 Posts
Goldberg Super Chipmunk kit, not an arf. The fuselage looks okay in your photo. Do you have the wing?
VCscott is offline Find More Posts by VCscott
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCscott View Post
Goldberg Super Chipmunk kit, not an arf. The fuselage looks okay in your photo. Do you have the wing?
Thank you, I believe you are correct. Yes, I have the wing (64" span), which needs some repairs also. The landing gear has been ripped out and "repaired" and one of the leading edges has been "repaired" also. The fuse looks ok from 5 feet away, but needs some work as well.

I guess I first assumed it was an ARF because the covering seems to be all one piece with the red stripes, rather than just covered in white with red stripes applied to the top of that. At least it seems like I can still order the decal sheets and a new cowl to clean this bird up a little bit.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:21 PM
Joined May 2011
78 Posts
Good luck with your Chippy, great plane! I've had two and loved them. Definitely gonna have another in my line up in the future for sure.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:00 PM
team sleprock
United States, WA, Port Angeles
Joined Dec 2009
3,324 Posts
you guys are freaking killing me here!

if it is a kit-built munk, then someone did an awesome job!

I have had 2 GB Munks, and if you guys keep this up, it will become 3!
whiskykid is online now Find More Posts by whiskykid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: heli's
Old Mar 28, 2013, 09:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
453 Posts
Ok, so I think we were wrong....I am pretty sure it is the 'World Models' Super Chipmunk 90 ARF. The cool thing is that there seems to be plenty of parts available for it.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:30 PM
Joined May 2011
78 Posts
Well , yeah, I guess I'm wrong, sorry! I googled it and there it was. The lines and dimensions look identical. The little decal and the forward facing flag on the fin and rudder are different though. It sure fooled me . Should be a nice plane, good luck with it.