HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
United States, FL, Lake Wales
Joined Nov 2005
19 Posts
I have to agree with Jim The Sig Kadet Senior on floats Is the Best Trainer On floats I have ever flown And one of the Funnest airplanes on floats I have ever flown. here is a link to The ARF Kadet Senior on esprit models web sight,

http://www.espritmodel.com/sig-kadet-senior-60-arf.aspx
Teambreen is offline Find More Posts by Teambreen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:33 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,115 Posts
Another vote for the HZ Supercub. I taught a 12-year old to fly one in three sessions, one on grass with the wheels and two on floats. After that, he was on his own and flew it the rest of the summer without problems.

Two disadvantages. First, it doesn't have a water rudder, so is only steerable on the water in light wind conditions. Second, the battery compartment is very tight and is pretty much limited to the HZ 15C battery. But he managed very nicely with it.

If it does flip over, the foam ensures that it floats high in the water and keeps the electronics dry.

The brushed motor works perfectly well in this application, though no doubt a brushless conversion gives more performance.

No need for flaps, as it has lots of wing area.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:32 AM
above us only sky
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2006
818 Posts
I just got floats for my Carbon Cub, and would like to amend my Super Cub recommendation to include the Carbon. It flys sooooo nice! Takeoff and landing is unbelievable. Pops out of the water like a balloon and lands on a postage stamp. This thing practically hovers! If you can manage 4 channels, it's a super slow easy going float plane, brushless, plenty of giddyup, cheap batteries, etc. And barrel rolls with the floats have to be seen to be believed!!! Also the pre-installed lights look beautiful reflecting off the late evening water.

Of course finding one in stock is the trick...
Renfield is offline Find More Posts by Renfield
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hutch
Joined Jan 2009
35 Posts
LT40 Float/Glow

One of my favorite float planes. Touch and goes till the sun drops.....a real floater....
hutchis is offline Find More Posts by hutchis