lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:42 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
With thanks to Hamish Scott and Modelflight.com.au Thrillseeker Productions brings you a close up look at the new Blade 130X being "Thrashed" indoors. Hamish is a great pilot and really puts this little beauty through it's paces hitting the ground a few times and just flying on like nothing happened this heli is durable! as your see in the video.
I reckon this heli is going to leave the shop shelf's quickly, thats for sure

Now this thing flies fast, is small and was hard to follow, i think i captured it the best my ol 56yr old body could as always full screen HD is the best to view this heli in anyway sit back and enjoy

cheers chuck

PS answers a few of the questions posed above aye!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LpTnRoxV8
This video proves that we don't need to stress about the tail gears. There were tail strikes at 2:30, 2:35, 3:20 & 3:53. I'm sure they'll still strip but they're obviously not extremely fragile.

Thanks again Chuck and Hamish! Hey Chuck, can you ask Hamish's opinion on how the 130x and 300x compare to the 450x?

Thanks!

Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
This video proves that we don't need to stress about the tail gears. There were tail strikes at 2:30, 2:35, 3:20 & 3:53. I'm sure they'll still strip but they're obviously not extremely fragile.

Thanks again Chuck and Hamish! Hey Chuck, can you ask Hamish's opinion on how the 130x and 300x compare to the 450x?

Thanks!

Larry
As long as you have a nice smooth floor to fly over anyway.. I don't.. But the design of the tail drive shafts with the double "D's" or 2 flats is going to help with the "D" hole stripping out problem. And the nylon gears will also help a lot.. So it's going to be way better than the Walkera or Nine Eagle system..

We still need some real world flying with tail strikes on the lawn, pavement, house, tree, rose bushes, truck, car,etc to tell for sure..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:30 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
"3. The linear servos would be quite resistant to stripping. But at the same time, they do not respond as fast"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
And I don't agree or disagree, but how could anybody actually know prior to its release ?
These are properties inherent to linear and rotary servos. Those who own both the MCPx and Genius/Mini CP will know. It is basically comparing apple to oranges. There is quite an active thread on HF on this as quite a few people do not like linear servos. However, they rarely strip and do perform quite well in a micro aircraft setting.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:45 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
"3. The linear servos would be quite resistant to stripping. But at the same time, they do not respond as fast"

These are properties inherent to linear and rotary servos. Those who own both the MCPx and Genius/Mini CP will know. It is basically comparing apple to oranges. There is quite an active thread on HF on this as quite a few people do not like linear servos. However, they rarely strip and do perform quite well in a micro aircraft setting.
They also seem to preform pretty well with Chuck's buddy cranking on them.
When the servos will move the heli around quicker than I can see it.............
How much faster do you need, or can use?
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:49 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
They also seem to preform pretty well with Chuck's buddy cranking on them.
When the servos will move the heli around quicker than I can see it.............
How much faster do you need, or can use?
Ron
I only need the RX and servos to know what I really wanted the heli to do and to do it for me. More a just read my mind not what I'm doing with the sticks deal... I keep buying new heli's thinking that this new one will be able to do it but so far all have failed..
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Fear not Bob... I am sure that Blade would have been told by Horizon to beef things up in the tail rotor mechanics dept. aftger the miserable performance of the Walkera gears. I am sick of having to buy tail gears for my 4#6... will most likely get rid of the heli for the 130X anyways.
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:46 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I only need the RX and servos to know what I really wanted the heli to do and to do it for me. More a just read my mind not what I'm doing with the sticks deal... I keep buying new heli's thinking that this new one will be able to do it but so far all have failed..
I tried to get a heli to fly under mental telepathy once, and all it would do is take its canopy off.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:29 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinewbie617 View Post
Fear not Bob... I am sure that Blade would have been told by Horizon to beef things up in the tail rotor mechanics dept. aftger the miserable performance of the Walkera gears. I am sick of having to buy tail gears for my 4#6... will most likely get rid of the heli for the 130X anyways.
I haven't stripped a Walkera tail gear in years now.. Winter of what 2009 or was it 10?

It was the 4#6's that I had to convert first as I was flying them inside and hitting the curtains with the tail all the time..
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:53 PM
Ibs
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2009
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post

Thanks!

Larry
Hi,
I can't believe how little bog there is from the inrunner. If that is a stock setup then this is one powerful heli please let us know if you think this is how it will come in June?

Oh, and great flying. Really showing off the heli's capabilities. Good to see an independent assessment on the heli.

Cheers, Ibs
Ibs is offline Find More Posts by Ibs
Old May 07, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
665 Posts
Wow! This thread is dead already and the helicopter isn't even out yet!

Don
Digital Don is online now Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old May 07, 2012, 08:16 PM
DT (Dart Tin) 550E, mCPX BL
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Jun 2009
500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
Wow! This thread is dead already and the helicopter isn't even out yet!

Don
I was thinking the same thing! Come on guys/gals... we need to support the newest Blade, espcially for those of us who love our 120SR's! I WILL be getting one of these after the beta testing is done and most (if not all) of the kinks are out of the original version. I am not going to go though faulty blade grips or the like, such as happened to the mCP X. I am sure those of you who are taking the plunge now in pre-release will iron anything out that needs to be taken care of... and oh, thanks to those people in advance!
helinewbie617 is offline Find More Posts by helinewbie617
Old May 07, 2012, 08:22 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
You sounded like a Nokia commercial.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old May 07, 2012, 09:36 PM
United States, VA, McGaheysville
Joined Nov 2011
17 Posts
I definitely want one... just not sure what else to say about it than that, lol. I'm just occupying my flying time with the mSR, 120 SR and 450 3D, biding my time.
Valleyboy is offline Find More Posts by Valleyboy
Old May 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
665 Posts
Anyone else had the chance to see one in person?

There were three 130Xs at the Toledo show a few weeks ago. I didn't see them fly, but I did get a chance to hold them in my hot little hands and examine them up close and personal.

I was impressed with the amount of technology present in such a small aircraft! Other than the tail gears, it looked fairly robust. Due to it's small size, a shaft driven tail is probably more practical than a belt and the videos show the tail is definitely locked in though.

Of course the 130X is a high-performance aircraft designed for flying not crashing...

Don
Digital Don is online now Find More Posts by Digital Don
Last edited by Digital Don; May 07, 2012 at 10:54 PM.