Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 14, 2014, 03:58 PM
soi soi soi
Joined Jun 2014
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
As far as improving on the v911, that may not happen.
It's more like customizing the powerband, I could use some more torque because it's lacking it. I already ordered carbon fiber parts and made it flybarless but thats not enough. It's never enough
lvlthn is offline Find More Posts by lvlthn
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2014, 04:50 PM
Joined Jul 2014
14 Posts
V911 was my intro (gateway drug?) into the world of 4ch RC Copters! Love this thing... and still marvel at how responsive it is! I lost 2 to high altitude flight/winds... . I know I know...

I ordered the CNC metal swashplate and the paddle flybar... just not sure what those two will actually improve (aside from averting canopy strikes & helping with lift??)...

Not often we get rain-free periods here in raincouver, so after a few months with the syma107/109 and a few with the v911 I put this video of my "pushing it as far as I can" up for funzees!
V911 Crazy flying & (trying to) Pushed to its limits! (5 min 5 sec)
DimoX is offline Find More Posts by DimoX
Last edited by DimoX; Aug 14, 2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 06:03 PM
Still crashing everything!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimoX View Post
V911 was my intro (gateway drug?) into the world of 4ch RC Copters! Love this thing... and still marvel at how responsive it is! I lost 2 to high altitude flight/winds... . I know I know...

I ordered the CNC metal swashplate and the paddle flybar... just not sure what those two will actually improve (aside from averting canopy strikes & helping with lift??)...

Not often we get rain-free periods here in raincouver, so after a few months with the syma107/109 and a few with the v911 I put this video of my "pushing it as far as I can" up for funzees!
Sweet video, I really liked it. You obviously have fun flying your V911!
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
Old Aug 17, 2014, 05:10 AM
Joined Jan 2014
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
I'm going to have to agree with stonecutter, this has been my experience. Every helicopter I fly has to be adjusted almost constantly if you want it to hold a specific altitude. I thought it might be a characteristic of fixed pitch helicopters but even my V977 does it. With CP helis the collective movement typically has more immediate impact than on a fixed pitch heli because the motor doesn't have to increase speed (I'm guessing) but it still won't hold a specific altitude without constant adjustment of the collective.

YMMV
But if the motor keeps spinning at a constant RPM in a windless environment shouldn't the heli maintain a stable height without any input? I can't understand why is normal to adjust constantly the throttle to keep it stable...
Highlander88 is offline Find More Posts by Highlander88
Old Aug 17, 2014, 05:35 AM
Australia, VIC, Mooroolbark
Joined Mar 2013
293 Posts
Heli will almost never be in a windless environment.... it makes it's own down wash... and that comes back from walls etc....etc.. etc....
You must have experimented with a gentle blow in a direction of smoke.... doesn't happen straight away... but it eventually gets there....
Same with the heli - there's air everywhere.. you can't see it - but the heli does....

frats,
Rosco
rosco01 is offline Find More Posts by rosco01
Old Aug 17, 2014, 08:45 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,013 Posts
V911 pro "The Flash"

just because it fits here best ...
(and because I felt compelled to do this as answer to a youtube comment ...)

V911Pro: the flight of the FLASH (3 min 25 sec)

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:07 AM
soi soi soi
Joined Jun 2014
56 Posts
Nice!

I see you guys having a lot of fun with v911 - so do I!

And who said v911 cannot handle medium winds?
First video shows some flying and trying to do basing acrobatics.
v911-pro flybarless outdoors in mid wind acrobatics (0 min 59 sec)

Second one is all about acro, v911 for a FP is very potent heli.
v911-pro flybarless outdoors in mid wind acrobatics (2 min 45 sec)

Mind the crappy filming, I need to hire camera(wo)man

Still waiting for carbon fiber upgrade, china post is crippled by it's own.
Old Today, 03:48 PM
Joined Jul 2014
14 Posts
@dteel Thanks, I like the sub caption under your handle "Still crashing everything!" I can totally relate to that! lol I got my MJX F49 flying again and man does it handle verrry differently... I need to kind of take a few steps back before I behead myself! ... ordered a V912 to kind of serve as a bridge between the two...

@erdnuckel2 Cool canopy color!

@lvlthn It's tons of fun isn't it? Just wish it could handle wind a bit better, but I guess it would have to be bigger for that... heh
DimoX is offline Find More Posts by DimoX
Old Today, 05:22 PM
soi soi soi
Joined Jun 2014
56 Posts
It's just too light! I think it's the never-ending curse of being micro. And I don't think it needs any bigger pinion, because it would rocket up into blue skies....to the point of never being found again.

It's just good. Let's keep it that way.