Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:23 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGolf View Post
Thanks, I'm clear on that, I just thought it was funny that someone got one that was so easy to remove.

The other BG
yes indeed i have read many posts of people screaming because they cant get them off
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:00 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
soooo got servos installed for flaps, noticed the screws were all loose on the aileron control horns, tightened and glued now, going to go over this with a fine tooth comb,as im a bit worried now,loose stuff,crackled decals ect me thinks this one has been sitting in a warehouse some place for a long time.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:56 AM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
i didnt even know the 2500 had weights...hmmm,,lol
rhampton is offline Find More Posts by rhampton
Old Jan 08, 2013, 06:55 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
soooo got servos installed for flaps, noticed the screws were all loose on the aileron control horns, tightened and glued now, going to go over this with a fine tooth comb,as im a bit worried now,loose stuff,crackled decals ect me thinks this one has been sitting in a warehouse some place for a long time.
Fortunately, foam doesn't degrade I'll add another suggestion, if you're going to use the stock control links, put some silicone tubing or something over the links so they can't spread apart and come off the control horn. One of my crashes was because I forgot to snap a link back together and it pulled off the horn. Some tubing over it would have given me an easy visual check, and probably would have held the link well enough that it would have lasted through the flight.
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:11 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff View Post
Fortunately, foam doesn't degrade I'll add another suggestion, if you're going to use the stock control links, put some silicone tubing or something over the links so they can't spread apart and come off the control horn. One of my crashes was because I forgot to snap a link back together and it pulled off the horn. Some tubing over it would have given me an easy visual check, and probably would have held the link well enough that it would have lasted through the flight.
great minds and all that put surgical tubing over all of them last night
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
i didnt even know the 2500 had weights...hmmm,,lol
they must be in there for a reason ?? i took the two out of the front when i changed to the 4S lipo..they are located right under the wood battery holder behind motor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:18 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
323 Posts
The wing weights are probably to help compensate for 'adverse yaw' during rolls with cheaper transmitters which don't have the ability to compensate for yaw during a roll.

Most programmable transmitters provide aileron differential function and aileron-rudder mix, both used to compensation for 'adverse yaw'.

The weights likely add to attitude stability under turbulent air condiitions.
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:11 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry2020 View Post

The weights likely add to attitude stability under turbulent air condiitions.
That's the biggest part of it. The extra weight that far out helps keep the wind from pushing a wing up. It'll also keep the wing from lifting as much when you hit the edge of a thermal. Mine are still in. I never got around to removing them, and while yaw and pitch tend to bounce around a bit in my on board videos, it's very stable in roll.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:45 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
they must be in there for a reason ?? i took the two out of the front when i changed to the 4S lipo..they are located right under the wood battery holder behind motor
That's why this Freekn thing is so heavy..but i have to Admit it's balanced pretty good...I love the Sleek Look....
My Condor Voodoo i had was 129" Wing Span and the Diamond is only 98" but you really cant tell the difference in size....probably due to the Bulky Fuse it gives the appearance of a Scale Large Glider...
Old Jan 09, 2013, 06:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhampton View Post
That's why this Freekn thing is so heavy..but i have to Admit it's balanced pretty good...I love the Sleek Look....
My Condor Voodoo i had was 129" Wing Span and the Diamond is only 98" but you really cant tell the difference in size....probably due to the Bulky Fuse it gives the appearance of a Scale Large Glider...
is yours a 4S lipo ? I decided to just cut a square out of the bottom of fuse,took out the lead and glued that square back in.She balances perfect now. What is the plane up against the wall there ?? Looks like it would be a go getter 3d ??
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:44 PM
USA, FL, Clearwater
Joined Dec 2007
695 Posts
oh that one on the way? that's my DWfoamie Yak 54,,,,54" Wing span...i'm subscribed to that Thread too....DWFoamies ROCK...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
no loose connections on this new diamond, new 60 amp esc,4S2600-45C lipo, solid controls,and surgical tubing over all clevis,and removable wings with easy servo plug in. come on warm weather !
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,686 Posts
I really like your servo connection setup, I may have to steal it
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:33 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
323 Posts
Wing Servo Connectors

I'm using heat shrink bands on the middle flap wires to indicate 'Flaps'. Didn't have a smaller size tubing, so the tubing didn't shrink tight enough to keep from slipping. May fix that later.

On the Rx side, I used 1/8" split braided sleeve loom (Techflex F6) to keep the left and right connectors in pairs, with 'white' band corresponding to 'white is right'.

Barry
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:04 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Anyone have extra wings they would sell ?? or even an extra right wing Buddy seems to have lost the right wing off his diamond in the river LOL well not really that funny but if anyone has a set or the right wing PM me ..