HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
Lompoc, California
Joined Jul 2006
9 Posts
Build Log
Stealth QSC Tricopter

Here are pictures of my QSC Tricopter with a foamboard stealth body. Flies very well using a hobby king multirotor board. Body is in two pieces for easy access to battery and electronics. Tail was necessary for learning to fly as it is always windy where I live. foward flight is very stable.
Nose of the body slips over the front and locks down in the rear.
Dr_Pid is offline Find More Posts by Dr_Pid
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:30 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
looks great! please make a vid while it flies! that would be a nice thing to see flying.
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:17 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,539 Posts
did the tail fin make a noticable difference to stability whilst flying in the wind?
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Apr 29, 2012, 07:07 PM
Lompoc, California
Joined Jul 2006
9 Posts
YES! The tail fin keeps the nose into the wind, allowing me to learn controls. Years of flying rc planes is not the same in control. I always use ailerons when turning, and multicopters use aileron for leveling. Sorry to say, I have a retarded left thumb and needed the tail to train myself.
Forward flight is easy and tracks without problems, until I try to turn using ailerions . Therfore altitude is kept at about 2 foot to reduce damage durning brain farts.
Dr_Pid is offline Find More Posts by Dr_Pid