HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:43 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
You need to be checking your volts with one of these.....
I did a quick search for that - which looks interesting - but didn't see a retail seller.

Have you found a source?

Dave

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:45 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
I believe HobbyKing has those. I got a couple of combo voltage testers and LV alarms from them for a whopping $2.99 each.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:56 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
I did a quick search for that - which looks interesting - but didn't see a retail seller.

Have you found a source?

Dave

Search on ebay for a lipo alarm.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:11 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3auer View Post
sorry to hear about your crash count.

I thought i'd mention, that if possible try and charge your battery using another car or some other means. this is because for some reason, my own car (1 year old) will not full charge the battery even after hours of charging. But I believe that there is not enough current from my cars outlet, or it is connecting to the battery properly.

I have charged it for over 2 hours and the LED is still blinking (according to the battery section of this forum, it can be because the charger has gone into an infinite balancing state and it should be charged anyway and ok to fly on). however that is not the case. because when i have gotten to the field, the LVC came on after 2-3 minutes, which sounds exactly like what happened to you.

This happened to me twice, though it was close by and i could hear the noise, so i was able to land safely.

Now i am charging in my wifes car and after 1 hour, the LED is solid and my flight times have been between 15-20 minutes (50-75% throttle).

i give it 100% throttle every minute or two and observe the rate of climb, when i notice this is greatly reduced, i bring the aircraft closer to me so that i can listen for the LVC and land as appropriate.

so try a different car or charger, your stratos should climb well with no elevator input at full charge and 100% throttle straight from launch, if it is not, the batteries may not be charged fully.
Hi Jack

Thanks for your posting...maybe it would be possible and I also know the LVC..but I have cuts with stock and turnigy lipos- turnigy lipos are o.k. charged that with a good charger.
Also possible would be OCP..known from the GeeBee with motor cut after seconds when the battery is fresh charged (sometimes, not all models).
I checked my TX batteries and they are o.k---after that, I' m not willing to figure out other things- this is not my job.
Now, the Stratos is back in his box and will ship to my seller- hope Horizon will replace it soon.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Did you call the Horizon customer service, Count?
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Aug 2012
170 Posts
Just finished two more successful flights tonight! It was so calm out, couldnt wait to get home from work. What a blast, this thing flies itself once you get it trimmed in. I love bringing it down for landings. So I took off and landed on the road a lot. It's also my 5 year olds favorite part. No crashes yet.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:22 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Way to go, lplumb...

Just been too dang windy here in north Texas... going on 3 weeks since my first two maiden flights - been having withdrawals.

Glad you're enjoying your Stratos.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:51 PM
Joined Aug 2012
170 Posts
I have a Chap and the FS I think I'm ready for a four channel. I have been practicing on a sim on my iPad. I think my next plane will be the Apprentice I wish it was avail without a radio.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplumb View Post
I have a Chap and the FS I think I'm ready for a four channel. I have been practicing on a sim on my iPad. I think my next plane will be the Apprentice I wish it was avail without a radio.
The Apprentice appears to be a great plane!

And it IS available as a BNF (without TX).
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
Joined Aug 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post

Really! Thanks. I meant to say Champ, Darn Auto correct.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Really! Thanks. I meant to say Champ, Darn Auto correct.
Let us know when you get your Apprentice... and get some videos of your first flights with her.

... Lennie
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post

I don't see it listed as a BNF? It was offered as a PNP what is that? I don't think it's avail without a radio now.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:31 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
I don't see it listed as a BNF? It was offered as a PNP what is that? I don't think it's avail without a radio now.
PNP: Plug-N-PlayŽ, just add your favorite transmitter, receiver, battery and charger.

Sorry... it's not "bind 'n fly"... but it is sold without the TX, RX.

$229
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:16 PM
Duncanville, TX
Joined Sep 2010
106 Posts
ok I give up

What is LVC that everyone keeps talking about?
Don
king1522 is offline Find More Posts by king1522
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,933 Posts
Low voltage cutoff
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection