HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 18, 2014, 10:46 PM
United States, OR, Keizer
Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
little bit of spam with my latest offering.

https://vimeo.com/95495983

unfortunalty this was not shot with my NEX, it was all done with my little phantom. that thing is so convenient to just take around in my car/rucksack.

im so excited though about having this level of stabilisation with my x8 ag500 nex rig with CP :P
No handed on a bike. Classic.
Banana Furikake is offline Find More Posts by Banana Furikake
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 19, 2014, 11:24 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Sep 2011
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuphoto View Post
I believe what you're seeing in the fence is called Moire. The Sony Nex doesn't handle complex patterns like tile roofs and fences well at all. I've seen this before in other footage, and it looks terrible. I don't believe there is a solution to this......
However-the footage I saw it the worst on was a Nex 7 which doesn't have an anti-aliasing filter over the sensor. I'm not sure if the Nex 5 is the same......it's a trade-off between getting a very sharp image, that induces these artifacts.

You might notice other camera's in the same category aren't quite as sharp, but handle the complex patterns better-that the anti-aliasing filter over the sensor.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for these insights. At least I know I can't do anything about it.
Mike SF is offline Find More Posts by Mike SF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Website and Showreel
Old May 26, 2014, 11:15 AM
Explorer
Norge, Telemark, Notodden
Joined Jul 2005
222 Posts
Can I use any old bluetooth usb dongle and connect to the bluetooth port on the simple bgc board?
åsmund is offline Find More Posts by åsmund
Old May 27, 2014, 03:29 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by åsmund View Post
Can I use any old bluetooth usb dongle and connect to the bluetooth port on the simple bgc board?
The bluetooth dongle has to be configured for the AM board. And the 8 bit and 32 bit boards have different configurations for them. Personally I bought my boards preconfigured so I didn't have to mess with the software to change the settings. You can read more about it in the Viacopter AM board thread.
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2014, 10:56 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,451 Posts
I just started a new TPpacks.com discussion thread as a continuation of this thread. This thread has has served us well, but so much has changed sense this thread first started and I figured it needed a fresh start.

I asked Gary to close this thread. You can find the new thread over here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post28490541
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2014, 11:06 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
8,000 Posts
Like Matt says, let's all move over to the new thread.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Closed Thread