Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
RE: Aliexpress/Firecabbage

Has anyone done business with them recently?

I bought several things from them a couple months ago, but can't seem to get a response from them now.

Did they go out of business, or ban me personally?
If you're talking about within the last few days, all of China has been shut down for that time. I'm not sure when things will start again. Maybe today or maybe until the 5th for some places. Then they have to work through the backlog.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:33 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
RE: Aliexpress/Firecabbage

Has anyone done business with them recently?

I bought several things from them a couple months ago, but can't seem to get a response from them now.

Did they go out of business, or ban me personally?
I just received a few things from them last week. I have one more package that I'm waiting t=for that was ordered at the same time, appears to be hung up in customs for 20 days now. I think they lost it.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
If you're talking about within the last few days, all of China has been shut down for that time. I'm not sure when things will start again. Maybe today or maybe until the 5th for some places. Then they have to work through the backlog.
I've seen a couple different dates. Some have said the holiday in China lasts through October 7th. But if you look at Banggood, they claim it ends October 3rd. Which is today.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:58 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
414 Posts
V911 Heli + V929 TX = Fantastic

Well, my heli order arrived from BangGood, today. I got the Yellow V911 and the transmitter for the V929 Beetle. This TX has rate settings of 20%, 40%, 60%, and 100%. At 20% the heli feels like my old discount store co-ax helis. At 100%, the servos travel farther than they do with my stock V911 TX, so the heli is definitely faster.

This heli arrived just in time. I was flying my blue and white one this morning, and I ran into a telephone line (not hard, mind you), and the heli just started spinning. Other than one "rolling landing" in the grass, this is the first bump this heli has had. On inspection I found that the gyro has come loose from the PC board. I doubt if I could possibly fix that, so I guess my week-old heli is a parts heli.

I've seen videos of guys going full speed into walls and incurring no damage. I didn't even hit hard enough to damage my paper-thin E-flite MCX S300 canopy. I thought these were supposed to be somewhat durable. Honestly, dropping it from two feet would be a harder impact than I had.

Oh well, I guess it's time to make an airplane out of that RX board.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:49 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
Well, my heli order arrived from BangGood, today. I got the Yellow V911 and the transmitter for the V929 Beetle. This TX has rate settings of 20%, 40%, 60%, and 100%. At 20% the heli feels like my old discount store co-ax helis. At 100%, the servos travel farther than they do with my stock V911 TX, so the heli is definitely faster.

This heli arrived just in time. I was flying my blue and white one this morning, and I ran into a telephone line (not hard, mind you), and the heli just started spinning. Other than one "rolling landing" in the grass, this is the first bump this heli has had. On inspection I found that the gyro has come loose from the PC board. I doubt if I could possibly fix that, so I guess my week-old heli is a parts heli.

I've seen videos of guys going full speed into walls and incurring no damage. I didn't even hit hard enough to damage my paper-thin E-flite MCX S300 canopy. I thought these were supposed to be somewhat durable. Honestly, dropping it from two feet would be a harder impact than I had.

Oh well, I guess it's time to make an airplane out of that RX board.

Rick
I had a similar situation with a cable line - did the same thing. Ended up putting an RX board in it. Not sure if it is the possible current/voltage going threw the line that caused it or what. I have dropped many times at full rate into just about every thing imaginable with no issues but maybe a broken skid. It is weird.
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Hi guys I have a few questions.

Just recently my main motor decided to stop working every now and then.... I can get it to work again by moving the spur gear a few teeth.(I can usually do it by just using the cyclic).... Seems like the brushes in the motor might be messed up or something along those lines... Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

Also just as a side note this problem started after I got my 9X radio. Although I dont really think Its a problem with settings. I'm using someone elses eepe file for V911. But I had to reverse the Elevator servo in the settings...
Curtisbeef is online now Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef View Post
Hi guys I have a few questions.

Just recently my main motor decided to stop working every now and then.... I can get it to work again by moving the spur gear a few teeth.(I can usually do it by just using the cyclic).... Seems like the brushes in the motor might be messed up or something along those lines... Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

Also just as a side note this problem started after I got my 9X radio. Although I dont really think Its a problem with settings. I'm using someone elses eepe file for V911. But I had to reverse the Elevator servo in the settings...
Sounds like the main motor is dead - happens. Does the tail spin up at all? As far as the 9x I highly doubt that had anything to do with it. Try the original Tx to verify if it is.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:41 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Just met HuskySpade and he brought over his new version V911. The new version battery uses the E-Flight Ultra Micro plug (verified with a charging adapter I bought from Hobbyking). Hummm... larger then the MSRX plug which uses the pico plug. Is there a 150-160mah batt that uses the larger micro plug?

HuskySpade, You might want to rethink what I told you - this might not be as easy as I though. The MCPX uses this connector but the battery is much larger then what you have. You can get a msr battery that would work but I believe it uses a pico size connector. Nice meeting you by the way!
Last edited by Makdaddy; Oct 03, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Sounds like the main motor is dead - happens. Does the tail spin up at all? As far as the 9x I highly doubt that had anything to do with it. Try the original Tx to verify if it is.
Yup. Tail motor works fine. While in filight the main motor seems to have less power now. The heli rotates a bit on its own even when trimmed depending on throttle position.

I just ordered a Bravo SX motor. (This one) I hope I got the right thing. I was reading that this one has the most thrust and better windings.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Yup. Tail motor works fine. While in filight the main motor seems to have less power now. The heli rotates a bit on its own even when trimmed depending on throttle position.

I just ordered a Bravo SX motor. (This one) I hope I got the right thing. I was reading that this one has the most thrust and better windings.
Sounds like a main motor for sure. I read it dropped right in. However you could buy 2 V911 motors for the price of one. Hope it is as good as some say - let me know! Always looking for better.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
I read it dropped right in. However you could buy 2 V911 motors for the price of one. Hope it is as good as some say - let me know!
Ya, I had about 5 ebay bucks left over. So I really only payed like 7 bucks. I figure hopefully this one wont burn out.... so Quality over Quantity... i guess.

I will defiantly report back my findings.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:09 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
339 Posts
Any updates on the WL Toys 6ch. heli? Have not been on here for a little bit, so hello everyone, hope everyone has had a great time flying lately

I lost my tail heat-sink so I made a few more out of the lot of heat-sinks I purchased. I made one for the BNF main motor (got a purchased one on the RTF already), made 2 actually cause I cut it in half. And a couple tail heat-sinks. Flew 5 batteries back to back with no issues on one heli. I made one with 3 fins on the tail and the other with 4. Made both from the same heat-sink, could get 3-4 tail-motor heat-sinks out of one heat-sink.

Here they are:
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:09 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdpl686 View Post
Do you have to do it every time?
With the yellow v911 yes with wlt v911's no.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:20 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
268 Posts
Quote:

Next time you can save a little money
http://www.myrcmart.com/ne402320013a...et-p-3965.html
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:39 PM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
882 Posts
Servo Reversing

Quote:
To take the TX apart:

In addition to the four obvious case screws, there is a small screw at the base of the antenna cap.
Remove the screw and wrangle (wiggle, maybe need to use a pair of pliers) the cap off.
Then you can disassemble.
OK prized the top hat off and had a look around inside.
First point.
IMPORTANT - the active aerial end was bunched up in the housing so ended up bent double. Can't be good for range for more adventurous applications!

Secondly the pot lands on the board are obvious and I guess cutting through two of them and adding pigtails to allow swapping them is easy. Has anyone done this. The last set I attempted to reverse was an old 2ch AM Futaba and there was no way swapping any two of the three would work - just closed that function down. The earth appeared to be the end of the pot, rather than the middle, as this one is? This mod will not reverse the trims though...
Rusty Nail is online now Find More Posts by Rusty Nail