HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:49 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSilver View Post
Mike, can you please lay an ongoing problem to rest....once and for all?

Multiple Dragonlink systems on at the same time cause problems. This statement has been said so many times, I have lost count.

We need to hear it FROM YOU what limitations the system has when multiple TX's are on at the same time.

What steps, if any, should be taken to ensure no problems when multiple people are flying with DL systems? IE: rebinding process/instructions.

We need a definitive answer from you. 9 out of 10 people will just not even take the chance of doing a real world test with this. Which is 100% understandable.

So please, its well over due, let everyone know the TRUTH about multiple DLs running at the same time...even if its not good, we need to know.

Mike has made this statement quite a few times in the old thread. You may or may not be able to, depending on the unit ID. He also stated that they were working on a solution.

Whether that is the "TRUTH" or not is unknown but if it's not, then simply asking for it is not going to get it.

I have seen a couple people ask if they could be provided with units that were tolerable of each other, but never seen an answer.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 12:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Ok so I waited 30 seconds after I turned on reciever as and then turned of tx waited 10 secs then turned on tx, Yet still no signal, I am going totry using another transmitter maybe futaba but the turnigy should have worked. It has worked for other people.
FLYING_FORTRESS is offline Find More Posts by FLYING_FORTRESS
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:47 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,461 Posts
Mike, I may have a problem with my DL tx. I've been getting failsafes lately on my MK and tri-copter, which have worked well before with no FS's. Yesterday, I had lots of FS's on my tri. Today it was happening again, usually for just a split second. I did have a failsafe on the ground for about 4 seconds and noticed the tx led was blinking red/green, just blinking and changing colors. About 2 months ago, I knocked the DL tx/antenna off my bench to the ground. Not sure if this has anything to do with the FS's.

DL Failsafes (0 min 47 sec)
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Oct 09, 2011, 04:49 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Transmitter Antenna Placement

Is it very critical to get the DL tx antenna pointed vertical or have it higher than other items on your ground station for good low level distance performance? I use a 73 inch tripod with my vRx on top of it and I sit in a chair about 4ft away so the DL is only a few feet off the ground and pointing horizontal. Lately I have been thinking about adding a small PVC pole extending up above my vRx omni using an antenna like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160569841826...ht_3037wt_1289
cactus is offline Find More Posts by cactus
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:01 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Or I could use the stock antenna with this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370548187247...ht_1224wt_1289
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:07 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
You've got some serious interference issues if you don't have rock solid DL control even at ground level 2 miles away. I wouldn't worry about it!
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined Sep 2001
6,190 Posts
Well, 2 miles at ground level was what I was hoping for, just making sure I have my GS setup right to do it.
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:26 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Yeah, your DL should be able to handle that no problem without orienting the antenna vertically.
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:37 AM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,467 Posts
Here is my entree for this weeks contest. FPV neighborhood shenanigans with the custom quad. LIVING THE DREAM!

FPV Neighborhood Quad Shenanigans - Flown w/ Dragon link (2 min 40 sec)
airbagit13 is offline Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:40 AM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Hey Mike what is your address. So I can ship my broken reciever to you. I will pay shipping back and foward. THANKS. PM ME
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:37 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,196 Posts
Up
Mike any news from my pm ?
Have you shipped the 2 rx with 3 antenna 36 inch extension ?
Should I swap with the new Tx even if I received mine in early june (2011) ?
thanks

Cedric
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:10 AM
Joined Oct 2011
13 Posts
Hello mike thank you in advance for the replacement holds you informed has the récéption thank you very much you make some very good work and very severe very good service after sale one thousand thank you
william
william28270 is offline Find More Posts by william28270
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:56 AM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
So I measured the voltage on the sma connector of the receiver and it turned out being that the spot for the pin that goes in the center has no voltage going through it. Though the outside of the sma connector has 5.53v. Is it suppose to do that, I think that might be problem with the reciever.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
FOR SHORT i AM NOT GETTING ANY VOLTAGE ON THE POSITVE END OF THE SMA CONNECTOR FOR THE ANTENNA FOR THE RECIEVER. IS IT SUPPOSE TO DO THAT BECAUSE I THINK THAT IS WHY ITS NOT WORKING AND WHY ITS NOT BINDING
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NJ, Manchester
Joined May 2011
1,190 Posts
Want to order the DL tomorrow. But I'd really like some pictures of how people hooked up there DL to a Fly Sky TH9X. Would greatly appreciate the help..
Bear_Pants is offline Find More Posts by Bear_Pants
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)