HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2014, 10:50 PM
USA, Texas Hill Country
Joined May 2008
1,823 Posts
From my experience I've noted that I have to land with a slightly nose high pitch attitude before touching down - with or without flaps. I think they must have designed this plane with the main gear slightly forward of the CG and that's why it noses over so easily.
As the mains touch down with proper airspeed I've three pointed it without any problem also.
From my experience the airspeed and pitch attitude have to be nearly perfect each time or it'll end up on it's nose.

Good luck, It's a challenging bird to land consistently sometimes but a delight to fly.

ce
capteasy is offline Find More Posts by capteasy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite hawker Hurricane 25E
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2014, 01:03 AM
Joined Nov 2011
77 Posts
I have changed my elevator throws so that in taxiing and landing mode there is the maximum amount of up elevator throw that I can get - as soon as I flick to flight mode or aerobatic mode the elevator throw drops back significantly. The huge up throw I find helps with noseovers, I also put some spacers underneath the retracts on the back so that the main gear angles forward a touch, with a bit of playing around the wheels still retract fine into the wells.
cameronblick is online now Find More Posts by cameronblick
Old Aug 06, 2014, 05:20 AM
Joined Nov 2013
60 Posts
Thanks all - great suggestions!
Spitfire Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Spitfire Flyer
Old Aug 06, 2014, 07:08 AM
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
778 Posts
i use the short field landing technique:
after touchdown and first bounce kill the flaps and throttle, the tail comes right down.

Joe
paladin-34 is offline Find More Posts by paladin-34
Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
56 Posts
WANTED - Canopy For Hurricane

Does anyone have a canopy they dont need from a crashed plane - I totalled my fus yesterday and the canopy and while I have a second fuselage I dont have a canopy.

Can anyone help ?

(PS I Am going out of the country tomorrow for a week so if I dont respond its not that I am not interested as I wont have any internet)
trasher_can is offline Find More Posts by trasher_can
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,179 Posts
You can still buy them, I found several, including HH

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...da9xoCpVDw_wcB

Actually you can get several things still
http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Building a Sig Herr Air Boss
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
56 Posts
Thanks I never even thought to look since it had been phased out. cheers
trasher_can is offline Find More Posts by trasher_can
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
856 Posts
For some reason I couldn't land this thing to save myself yesterday, so I put it on the bench and gave it some TLC. New APC 12x6 prop, fresh olive drab paint on the leading edge, tightened the retract struts, three-n-one oil on the wheel axles and gave all the screws/motor mounts a quick check.

Four batteries this afternoon (2x3s/3200, 2x3s/3700) with a steady 8-10 mph breeze straight down the runway and the landing gremlins were gone. I also returned the batteries to my previous ideal position....aft up against the raised foam where the BNF Rx is located. One notch of flaps on final and the Hurri was flying at walking speed over the numbers then landing on the mains. Sweet!
IfIHadWings is offline Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
1,343 Posts
Congrats-if...when dialed in the E-flite hurri is awesome!
kevin whitesell is online now Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-Flite Hurricane