HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:13 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
Fish, I understand that you've been trying to find the Yiboo UJ300 community. I'm not too familiar with the larger coaxial. I believe that this Yiboo is a rebrand of a Syma model. I'm not sure whether it is the S031G or S033G. So, perhaps, you would find your answer in the those respective threads there. I have to warn you that those threads are not recent nor comprehensive.

KillBucket was once active with these large coaxial. But he was very fed up with them. So much so that he set fire to them, literally. He showed pictures of what he called a funeral of his helicopters. Somewhere along the line, he got into some disagreement with RCG here, and he deleted most of his posts and pictures. I remember reading his stuff about a year ago before all these. There was quite a bit of info then. But now, those threads are largely empty. I'm sorry, that's all I knew about the history. Not much help, I know.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
I just bought a 240mah lipo on ebay for my s107 clone, came in today. So I installed it. flew it a lil bit just to see if it works. Then threw it on the charger for an hour or 2.
I took it off the charger to fly and didn't fly well, now the bat is swollen

What to do now? is it a bad battery, overcharged? how dangerous is it in that state if i leave it on my desk?
hypertek is offline Find More Posts by hypertek
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
HT, that battery is puffed like you said. I wouldn't use it any longer. I don't think it is dangerous by itself, if you don't try to put more charge into it. But I would cut it off and take it to the nearest Radio Shack for disposal.

I can't make it out what's underneath the yellow tapes. Is there a circuit board inside? Recharging for 2 hours would be too long at any rate. The status light in the charging cable never changed during that 2 hours? Could you send me the EBay link? I want to see what the seller said about overcharging.

It's a good thing you caught it. Imagine if you left that thing charge overnight!

Lesson for everyone reading this: NEVER EVER charge a Lipo unattended.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:23 AM
United States, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Just checked Ebay today. S107g new listings USA seller 17.00 free shipping.
bobwrgt is offline Find More Posts by bobwrgt
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:52 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
Heli Pad,

I just bought 2 batteries from ebay uk, 240 mAh Parts No. S107-19 the seller had no warning about over charging maybe different in the uk, and also sent me 1 battery and it was a 200 mAh and no part number on it. sent them a message but no reply as yet..
x777x is offline Find More Posts by x777x
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:55 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwrgt View Post
Wow, that's a good price for sure!
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:11 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwrgt View Post
Share a link?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x777x View Post
Heli Pad,

I just bought 2 batteries from ebay uk, 240 mAh Parts No. S107-19 the seller had no warning about over charging maybe different in the uk, and also sent me 1 battery and it was a 200 mAh and no part number on it. sent them a message but no reply as yet..
The part No. seem to suggest that it is a standard replacement part for S107, but a 240mAh is anything but standard. Never assume that you are getting a battery with overcharge protection unless the seller explicit states it, and shows pictures of it. Even then, when you receive the merchandise, you have to inspect it that it does have OCP. And EVEN then, when you charge it, you should keep an eye on it. Otherwise, you are literally playing with fire.

I hate it when EBay seller does the irresponsible thing of advertising a 240mAh and sends a 200mAh. Dispute it, file a claim against it, don't let them get away from it.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:32 PM
stude54ht
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Hi, New here and to the S 107. Have had many good flights with 2 107s lost power in the bottom motor in one of the birds and the top motor in the other. I removed the motors and they both bench tested good. Reinstalled the motors, nothing! Whats going on?
stude54ht is offline Find More Posts by stude54ht
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
i will give them till monday to respond, if no reply i will report item as fake to take the ad off, and then report to ebay..
x777x is offline Find More Posts by x777x
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:43 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Hi Heli Pad
I just got my s017, spare parts, charger,and thes o26!! Yeahhh
in 8 days including the holiday!
BUT the 026 is the fake.
See 026 thread about sending it back??
fishandflying is offline Find More Posts by fishandflying
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:06 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
156 Posts
Hi guys, new S107 user here and generally a new rc heli user.

Got one for Christmas from my wife and it's a blast to play with. She originally bought me a airhog heli replay which really sucked straight out of the box and really over priced at wally world. She replaced it with the Syma S107 which was only 25 dollars shipped.

After I got used to it, I wanted the need for speed, so on came modding it. I tried everything with no luck in what I was after. I scrounged the parts from the air hog, battery and one of the main motors with the longer shaft. What I did was removed the charging circuit from the airhog's battery and soldered it in parallel with the S107 battery. Then removed the original S107 tail motor, then with a razor blade, gently cut the S107 tail housing right down the middle of the back of it. Soldered in the airhog main motor, in reverse since the colors of the wires are reversed, and the housing now clamps just right around the motor. Used the original S107 tail prop but I had to use a small needle file to make the hole slightly larger to get the prop on. Removed all the tail dressing, I broke the landing gear so I removed that till I get another one. Removed that small weight in the nose.

With all that, it hovers perfectly balanced and really moves pretty darn fast now forward and reverse. It's more of a blast to play with now. Charging time I have no idea yet as I have only charged it maybe half way to get a good 5 minutes flight time out of it. But it's alot of fun now. Can't wait for a calm air night to try it outside for more room.

Just thought I 'd share my findings. Now I need to get a bigger one.

hypertek, that battery looks like it's missing the charging circuit. Might be why it's in the shape it is now.
SysCrusher is online now Find More Posts by SysCrusher
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:11 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,677 Posts
HI and welcome to RCG!

Do you have some pictures of your heavily modded bird?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:15 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude54ht View Post
Hi, New here and to the S 107. Have had many good flights with 2 107s lost power in the bottom motor in one of the birds and the top motor in the other. I removed the motors and they both bench tested good. Reinstalled the motors, nothing! Whats going on?
Welcome to RCG. I would first start by checking the battery. Remove the canopy. It kinda slides forward and is on "somewhat" of a track. If the battery looks puffed like the one pictured above, it is no good. Don't attempt to charge it.

Heli Pad should be on shortly. He is our S107 heli doctor It's lunch time for him where he is at

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishandflying View Post
Hi Heli Pad
I just got my s017, spare parts, charger,and thes o26!! Yeahhh
in 8 days including the holiday!
BUT the 026 is the fake.
See 026 thread about sending it back??
Good, I saw that in the S026G thread. As RoboHeli said, pictures please. So we could make a determination together.

I hope you'd have fun with the S107G. What am I talking about? I know you'd have fun with it. Let us know what you think.