Who's going to be the 1st?
THese look pretty cool.
Elisecat is online now Find More Posts by Elisecat
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:53 AM
Master of Flying Wings......
Joined Jul 2008
492 Posts
Are you all forgetting that its a HELL of alot cheaper than the PZ mustnag?
flyingwing12 is offline Find More Posts by flyingwing12
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:48 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Good call, flyinwing12.
How much is DSM2 and a rudder worth to us?

Im happy with the PZ Stang but it has some problems...so it's good that they're getting a run for their money.
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:55 AM
Off we go.............
Seattle, WA. USA
Joined Jan 2006
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwing12 View Post
Are you all forgetting that its a HELL of alot cheaper than the PZ mustnag?
Heh, well sure it is. It's missing a channel/control surface, and a steerable tailwheel. That seem to be about 20-30 bucks worth.

It is a nice looking Stang, and im sure it flies well. But for me, any airplane has got to have a fuctional rudder. So for me, it's got to be the PZ.
SabreHawk is offline Find More Posts by SabreHawk
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:46 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Well, it may be possible to add a rudder and steering tail wheel. Depends on the rx. Would be nice to see some data on the radio system. I'm wondering if it has separate servos or is a brick like the PZ setup.

A steering tail wheel can be added with linkage to the ailerons.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:02 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,591 Posts
As a P51 junkie.......I have a PKZ P51 now, but still need this one too. Bring it.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Nov 01, 2009, 07:24 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,657 Posts
subscribed
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 01, 2009, 08:05 AM
USA, TN, Nashville
Joined Nov 2006
105 Posts
I've checked it out closely...

and seen it fly in person. It's roughly the same size as the Parkzone P-51, maybe 1/2" bigger wingspan. It's actually, "prettier" than the PZ with a better finish, clear cockpit & more scale-looking landing gear.

I didn't look inside the fuse, but was told it has "real" servos. It is 2.4 ghz (not compatible with Spektrum) and comes with it's own transmitter. I already own the PZ micro P-51 so I don't need this one, but the Spitfire is a beauty so it does tempt me.

It does lack a rudder and the tailwheel is in the scale position, so it would take quite a bit to add a rudder and move the tailwheel. Honestly, unless you just enjoy bashing these kits, it would be silly to add the weight necessary to do all that. Also, a rudder is totally unnecessary on these micros.

It performs in a similar manner to the PZ P-51 ie, not real fast, slow roll rates, etc, but is fun to buzz around in a small area.
Rebeljim is offline Find More Posts by Rebeljim
Old Nov 01, 2009, 09:48 AM
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
I like that these companies are all jumping on the Ultra Micros bandwagon, it is definately the future. I wish that Hobby Lobby knowing that everybody has the E-Flite and PZ setups continued with the same compatible gear. At least make them spektrum friendly, I understand if you want to have a different battery setup so you can make people buy your batteries, common. Both planes look good though!
reverse.sensin is offline Find More Posts by reverse.sensin
Old Nov 01, 2009, 10:08 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
I think this competition is great and will be in our favor. Bet you anything we see a twin real soon. This can only benefit us.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Nov 01, 2009, 10:32 AM
Ottawa, Canada
Joined Aug 2009
172 Posts
Given that I dished out money for a dx7, I can't see myself buying anything that has it's own tx.
Gunner_969 is offline Find More Posts by Gunner_969
Old Nov 01, 2009, 10:43 AM
Joined Oct 2009
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner_969 View Post
Given that I dished out money for a dx7, I can't see myself buying anything that has it's own tx.
I did the exact same thing (I love the DX7) but I want to stick with the spektrum setup.

Im not sure that having different battery setups will benefit all of us. I agree with the competition though
reverse.sensin is offline Find More Posts by reverse.sensin
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:26 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeljim View Post
and seen it fly in person. It's roughly the same size as the Parkzone P-51, maybe 1/2" bigger wingspan. It's actually, "prettier" than the PZ with a better finish, clear cockpit & more scale-looking landing gear.

I didn't look inside the fuse, but was told it has "real" servos. It is 2.4 ghz (not compatible with Spektrum) and comes with it's own transmitter. I already own the PZ micro P-51 so I don't need this one, but the Spitfire is a beauty so it does tempt me.

It does lack a rudder and the tailwheel is in the scale position, so it would take quite a bit to add a rudder and move the tailwheel. Honestly, unless you just enjoy bashing these kits, it would be silly to add the weight necessary to do all that. Also, a rudder is totally unnecessary on these micros.

It performs in a similar manner to the PZ P-51 ie, not real fast, slow roll rates, etc, but is fun to buzz around in a small area.
Well, thanks for the review but I totally disagree that a rudder is unnecessary on these micros. Not only can you do more precise moves in the air using rudder coordinated with ailerons etc, but you can also steer the plane on the ground. You must like to fetch your plane. I do not and I also think adding a rudder will not be that difficult.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 12:31 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse.sensin View Post
I like that these companies are all jumping on the Ultra Micros bandwagon, it is definately the future. I wish that Hobby Lobby knowing that everybody has the E-Flite and PZ setups continued with the same compatible gear. At least make them spektrum friendly, I understand if you want to have a different battery setup so you can make people buy your batteries, common. Both planes look good though!
Actually what makes this plane interesting to me is that the radio gear is different. If it has separate servos then they must be very small. I kind of like the idea of separate servos as long as they are light weight and small. I will get one or two just because its different and new.
Old Nov 01, 2009, 01:15 PM
No, I dont work for HH ;)
Southampton, Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2009
3,760 Posts
They will be the 2.5g servo's i think
Bowerz is offline Find More Posts by Bowerz