SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2015, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by Dgremlin
Joined Jan 2009
10 Posts
Discussion
Balancing Carbon Z Yak

Just put together my new E-flight Carbon Z Yak but it seemed way nose heavy. I put it on my balancing stand and with a 3200 MA battery, I'm going to have to put about 4oz of weight close to the tail to get it to balance! Seems like a lot to me. I don't see where a 2800 ma battery would make that much difference. Has anyone else run into this problem with this plane? (The battery is pushed as far back as possible)
Dgremlin is offline Find More Posts by Dgremlin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2015, 09:38 AM
Find More Posts by Potoczak
Learning 3D
United States, PA, Kunkletown
Joined Mar 2015
110 Posts
My flying buddy has the same plane. His is also nose heavy with a 3000mah pack. He called horizon about it and the rep said yup they tend to be nose heavy and there is not much you can do about it. My friend actually melted some of the foam behind the battery and slide it back about 1/2 inch which helped some but to this day is still slightly nose heavy.
Potoczak is online now Find More Posts by Potoczak