SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2015, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by drummerdude24
Joined Apr 2014
13 Posts
Discussion
Can a Devo ax1002 transmitter explode?

Hey guys, I need your help. My Arris m680 had it's first crash after 1 year, motor got stuck, overheated, caused the ESC to explode and catch on fire.

I replaced the esc and motor, naza m lite boots fine, does motor check beeps, just no power light from devo ax1002.

All wiring is correct, with gear connected to naza for power but no light, or signal from controller. Safe to say I should just replace the devo?

Thanks for your time.
drummerdude24 is online now Find More Posts by drummerdude24
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2015, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by Hajile
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
5,058 Posts
Not familiar with that particular model, but have you tried rebinding?
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2015, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by Liliass
Joined Jun 2015
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdude24 View Post
Hey guys, I need your help. My Arris m680 had it's first crash after 1 year, motor got stuck, overheated, caused the ESC to explode and catch on fire.

I replaced the esc and motor, naza m lite boots fine, does motor check beeps, just no power light from devo ax1002.

All wiring is correct, with gear connected to naza for power but no light, or signal from controller. Safe to say I should just replace the devo?

Thanks for your time.
i assume u r using rx1002.
and i assume u r using more than 5V that's y your rx1002 burnt
Liliass is offline Find More Posts by Liliass
Old Jul 02, 2015, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by drummerdude24
Joined Apr 2014
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliass View Post
i assume u r using rx1002.
and i assume u r using more than 5V that's y your rx1002 burnt
Yes, I'm using rx1002, it was always set up and running with 5000mah, 22v system for over a year, built like that.

I have no led light, power, or control from rx1002. Plugged into software, naza fine, no connection to rx1002, burnt electronic smell.

How much voltage can the rx1002 handle? clearly it surged from my esc exploding and that was it?

Thanks for your help
drummerdude24 is online now Find More Posts by drummerdude24
Old Jul 03, 2015, 04:47 AM
Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined May 2014
1,449 Posts
The RX1002 is a receiver, not a transmitter. The transmitter is the devo in your hands. Also "explode" is a strong term; was there any actual physical damage to the rx1002 after the crash?

Rated input voltage for this receiver is 4.8-6v. Since you are using a naza, the receiver is fed 5v, via the naza, from the naza's PMU. Assuming the naza still functions, it is unlikely that the receiver failed due to a voltage issue, although anything is possible. But the receiver has no direct connection to the esc, so the failure of one should not effect the other. Maybe some strange scenario in which the failed esc sent voltage back through its lead to the naza, and then to the receiver? Never heard of this ever happening myself, and it should not be possible since if your ESCs have a bec the red wire should be clipped or removed from the connector anyway...

Attempt to power the rx1002 via an alternate 5v source (a 5V bec, or a separate esc with built in bec). If it does not power on, consider it dead and replace.
BuffaloJustin is offline Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin