New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by mdugas
Joined Aug 2003
725 Posts
didnt see changsun 15sv2 set on listing ,note that several year ago ,one of few whith metal trunnion block.which are black .
mdugas is offline Find More Posts by mdugas
Last edited by mdugas; Jun 26, 2015 at 11:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2015, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by Drifter.Rise
United States, TX, Bryan
Joined May 2014
12 Posts
Thanks for the link Hornetnz. It'll be nice to keep handy.

A few minutes ago I was about to yank the original nose landing gear servo out of the plane and see if it was comparable to anything at the local hobby shop; naturally I did another test beforehand. It looked like the wheel was jammed against the foam so I tentatively rotated it and something popped; "huh, who cares at this point?" It started working again, though. Opening and closing it upright above my head until the sound was like nails on a chalkboard, it finally failed again while I was watching.

The steering servo metal control rod would occasionally rotate/screw/unscrew 90 degrees within its metal clevis at the steering servo end and lock the whole thing up mechanically. The other metal clevis at the landing gear end is flat, and so is the rectangular/block "slider" it attached to on the landing gear; so when the control rod "fell" below the slider, they locked in face-to-face nice and flush the next time it was actuated and stayed that way until it was forced by hand. First attempt at a fix is currently drying; I lock-tighted the clevis'. If that's not enough, I might crimp or outright swap the metal clevis' for standard nylon/plastic.
Drifter.Rise is online now Find More Posts by Drifter.Rise
Last edited by Drifter.Rise; Jun 26, 2015 at 04:06 PM.