New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2016, 05:55 AM
Find More Posts by lasmariaspr
Joined Dec 2015
76 Posts
Discussion
Headset for FPV advise needed

I have a AEE Toruk AP10 quad copter with camera that sends by wifi signal of view to my phone. Is there an economic headset I can purchase so what the drone sees I can see with the headset. Many models and prices on eBay but not quite sure what I need. Please advice!
lasmariaspr is offline Find More Posts by lasmariaspr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2016, 07:40 AM
Find More Posts by waltm
United States, RI
Joined Mar 2008
776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasmariaspr View Post
I have a AEE Toruk AP10 quad copter with camera that sends by wifi signal of view to my phone. Is there an economic headset I can purchase so what the drone sees I can see with the headset. Many models and prices on eBay but not quite sure what I need. Please advice!

I do not know of any goggles that are wifi ready.

Wifi will most likely have too much latency (delay) to fly using goggles.
waltm is offline Find More Posts by waltm
Old Jan 04, 2016, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by lasmariaspr
Joined Dec 2015
76 Posts
What I want is to view what I see from my drone on the phone but through a headset. Is this possible?
I have an app with FPV which lets me view the cameraon the phone.
lasmariaspr is offline Find More Posts by lasmariaspr
Old Jan 04, 2016, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
21,194 Posts
Sony and Apple are coning out with new goggles for smart devices in a few months. That should do what you want. Standard FPV goggles won’t work because they are analog and not digital.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jan 04, 2016, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by earlwb
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
16,082 Posts
It is really the video camera and how much it can see that limits your view of the surroundings. usually the cameras give you 90 degrees, 110, or 140 to 148 degrees of view. You could go with a head tracking setup too. Head tracking would let you turn the camera from side to side or up and down which helps increase the viewing of course.

Hobby King under the Quanum brand, sells a low cost headset that doesn't work bad. It is nice if you are on a budget and want to see what it is like, etc.

There are some companies that sell a smart phone headset unit that lets you put your smart phone inside of it to use as a video display device. I saw them being advertised, but I didn't pay much attention to it at the time.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member