New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by rockyboy2
United States, KY, Cadiz
Joined Nov 2011
328 Posts
Discussion
Oh Crap ! not in the face !

Yep , thats the cleaned up version of what went thru my mind when i found my little micro Apache heading right for my face . So i head over to my shop (30 x 48 w/14ft ceiling ) to puts around , my brand new HH AH 64 setting on the pool table said "fly me" , i had only three flights on it , all outside , those went ok , so i turned off the ceiling fan and put a battery in and up she went , was having no problem keeping a hovering over the table , got high ceilings so i went up some and was doing a slow forward flight when the thing just dipped the nose and came right at my head ! Hit hold and got my hand up before i took it in the face , good thing because the little bird
still had enough blade speed to cut the piss out of my thumb and tear itself up pretty good . As i stand there watching the blood run down my arm i feel my hair moving around and then figure out that i forgot to turn off the big heater hanging from the ceiling and the heli was right in front of it
when it kicked on . Thought i would share , could happen to someone else , at least someone as dumb as me .
rockyboy2 is offline Find More Posts by rockyboy2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2015, 01:37 AM
Find More Posts by sprint11
Joined Dec 2013
389 Posts
well sorry about your thumb but I am really glad it did not hit you in the face you could have lost an eye or something.
sprint11 is offline Find More Posts by sprint11
Old Dec 21, 2015, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
2,063 Posts
Thank you for posting, Sir.....my a/c vents once pushed my Nano CPX sideways but I was able to control it....being behind the Nano, flying in my furniture empty living room.....you showed quick thinking! With all due respect, not dumb....just forgot about the heater....Sometimes with cuts, I wash wound....wait till it stops bleeding pressing with a napkin, or cloth....and then press parts together and use Crazy glue.......it works.....
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
14,949 Posts
Never under estimate any c/p heli. With bl motor even small one can cut pretty good. Luckily only thumb and not face. We all make mistakes and hope you learned from this. good luck in future and watch your suroundings.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Dec 22, 2015, 06:15 AM
Find More Posts by arbilab
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,416 Posts
Are we related? I forgot to turn the ceiling fan off and a honeybeeFP headed straight for my head. Still got the scars where I threw my arm up. Do those blades really need to be that sharp?
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Dec 22, 2015, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by denis747
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Nov 2015
168 Posts
I had a close call too, two months ago, when my V977 backed up towards me. Luckily it hit the Tx, the Tx saved my face, the blade got my little finger a bit, really hurt but didn't cut the skin as the Tx absorbed most of the blade impact. I am very careful with it now, even though my skills have improved.
denis747 is offline Find More Posts by denis747
Last edited by denis747; Dec 22, 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 09:50 PM
United States, KY, Cadiz
Joined Nov 2011
328 Posts
My thumb still hurts , three cuts , used some new stuff called liquid skin , it like medical grade super glue . thanks for the kind words
Old Dec 25, 2015, 07:02 AM
Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Fan of just about anything RC
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
19,652 Posts
I mostly hurt my aircraft, when things go wrong. Like recently a hiuying 853 quad, that I flew into the sun by mistake, and lost sight of it. Found it 100 metres from where I lost sight, broken prop, scratched body, and one headlight busted. Learned to always keep my back to the sun when flying.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pictures of various boats
Old Dec 25, 2015, 03:26 PM
United States, KY, Cadiz
Joined Nov 2011
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I mostly hurt my aircraft, when things go wrong. Like recently a hiuying 853 quad, that I flew into the sun by mistake, and lost sight of it. Found it 100 metres from where I lost sight, broken prop, scratched body, and one headlight busted. Learned to always keep my back to the sun when flying.
yep , been there done that ! My problem was that white dot that sticks around after i looked right at the sun while trying not to lose the aircraft , that dot goes where ever you look , thats when i flew into the top of a big tree and stayed there , think it is still there .
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
14,949 Posts
Trees and quads don't mix. My friend came down with 500 sized quad. He over rid cutoff saftey and ran batteries to low. Quad landed [crashed] into my big Catus tree in my front yard. Luckily it slide down and little damage.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04