New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2015, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by Tantra4
United States, CA, LA
Joined Jan 2015
17 Posts
Discussion
RCRCM quality

I built my first fully molded ship (NAN Orion 2.4E). What a beautiful plane! I don't think I will ever go back to balsa or foam construction. Now I'm looking for a new build project. I really like James Hammond's designs, but I've heard a lot of negatives about the quality of RCRCM kits such as sloppy layups and parts not fitting. To those of you who have recently built an RCRCM kit, how big a problem is this quality issue? Also, does anyone know if the HK Cyclone (Typhoon clone) is built by RCRCM? What about the quality of the HK Cyclone kit?
Tantra4 is offline Find More Posts by Tantra4
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2015, 03:20 AM
Find More Posts by renatoa
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
17,595 Posts
Funny, when I read the title first time, then your post, was puzzled at all, because for some europeans RCM has a completely different meaning in RC...
http://www.pelikan-rcmodely.cz/
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Aug 06, 2015, 04:28 AM
Find More Posts by ask21flyer
flying at SCMAC
Australia, SA, Hindmarsh Island
Joined Apr 2013
811 Posts
i bought the rcrcm strega electric full carbon version about 6 months ago, just had to file out one of the v-tail pins by 1/2 a mm , everything else fitted well, great flyer off the slope , added stripes to underside of wing
ask21flyer is offline Find More Posts by ask21flyer
Old Aug 07, 2015, 01:53 AM
Find More Posts by Tantra4
United States, CA, LA
Joined Jan 2015
17 Posts
That doesn't sound too bad. I'm thinking about Strega actually, though I wish it had a regular tail. How does she fly?
Tantra4 is offline Find More Posts by Tantra4
Old Aug 08, 2015, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by Bmwjoon
United States, NJ, Nutley
Joined Mar 2015
242 Posts
I have a Typhoon. The finish and quality are not bad. Just the technology in the layups is not super high so you end up with a heavier model. Fine for slope and sport flying. RCRCM actually makes models for other companies which are more expensive. I think they have the ability to create lighter more expensive models but I believe they want to create more value in the models that they offer.
Bmwjoon is offline Find More Posts by Bmwjoon
Old Aug 08, 2015, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by ask21flyer
flying at SCMAC
Australia, SA, Hindmarsh Island
Joined Apr 2013
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantra4 View Post
That doesn't sound too bad. I'm thinking about Strega actually, though I wish it had a regular tail. How does she fly?
flys great, good speed and very responsive

RCRCM STREGA on the slope (1 min 59 sec)

RCRCM STREGA on the slope (2 min 53 sec)
ask21flyer is offline Find More Posts by ask21flyer