SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2015, 02:52 AM
Find More Posts by marthinw
Joined Aug 2010
55 Posts
Help!
Advice on what to start with

Well i have had a few mini blade helis. Cant say i'm very good at flying but anyway

Looking for buy more first quad. I like to to be able to fly outside when the wind is low/very low. Also i like it to have a camera.

My budget is about 200-250 dollar. I checked the x5c, however the flytime with the camera seams to be very very bad.

Any suggestions? I have looked a lot on youtube at the h12c, h8c but i can't find anything thats "perfect"

Suggestions please? Also if i enjoy the quad i will move up to something more expensive.
marthinw is offline Find More Posts by marthinw
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2015, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by harveytsj
Joined Mar 2015
15 Posts
Go for the x5c, It was my first quad and I loved it. Buy an upgraded battery or a few spares - they're very cheap. With a few basic modifications, (wire several packs in parallel) you can get ages of flight times!

P.S
If you're getting a x5c, don't drop it in a river.
R.I.P my syma
:'(
harveytsj is offline Find More Posts by harveytsj
Old Apr 05, 2015, 08:44 AM
Find More Posts by cjken
Joined Jan 2015
41 Posts
X5c to learn. Then build your dream ship. There really is no one perfect craft for everything.
The x5c flies great is durable and light enough to not hurt anyone or thing.
cjken is offline Find More Posts by cjken
Old Apr 05, 2015, 08:53 AM
Find More Posts by Oldgazer
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
3,242 Posts
Save more money.

And start with this: X-525 ARF, this: Turnigy 9x, a couple of these: 3S 2200mAh LiPo, and this: iMax6 Charger

This comes out just under $250.00 not including any shipping. And, the aircraft is versatile enough to add tall landing gear, a gimbal and a camera...
Oldgazer is online now Find More Posts by Oldgazer
Old Apr 05, 2015, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by Oldgazer
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
3,242 Posts
This video was taken with a $60.00 SJ4000 clone camera, carried by a $45.00 2 axis gimbal hanging from my X-525 Quad. The flight controller is a KK 2.1.5 flashed with Steveis version 1.19S Pro firmware. The FC is in Self level. There is no GPS or compass.

First Snow of 2015 (7 min 13 sec)
Oldgazer is online now Find More Posts by Oldgazer